• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:57:02 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

FP7 Bodywork

Started by sam19, July 02, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

July 02, 2014, 12:25:13 AM Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:43:07 PM by sam19
now i know laurents has been working on the fp7 and i have to admit the pictures i have seen of it look really good,

but i got bored one day and decided to have a go at making it myself, not because laurents was taking to long or anything like that just because i thought it would be a great modelling exercise.

I would like to stress that this is all my own modelling work and have taken nothing from laurents work, all i have of laurents work is the template.

I would like to thank firstly Corrie (Birel-Rotax 42) he put my models into the game for me, now they are far from perfect but i thought i would share with you what i have been working on with Corrie for the past week or so.

Here it is :

Now again i would just like to say this is all the work of me and corrie from CIK documents, i can even send you the documents if you wish to see them. Laurents fp7 is a very good model and no doubt he will release it soon as he has told me, but whats the world without a little competition.

Please people dont take this the wrong way, all i am doing is trying to progress the game jsut like so many modders on here, im not taking anyhting away from them i am jsut starting to mod myself thats all

Regards

Sam and Corrie

Cory_Hayes

Looks really nice man, good job.

Robin Mayer

Where can i download it?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

sam19

im afraid its still a WIP [work in progress]

I'm hoping to release it next week if i can get the modelling done

sam

Robin Mayer

Quote from: sam19 on July 02, 2014, 02:06:41 PM
im afraid its still a WIP [work in progress]

I'm hoping to release it next week if i can get the modelling done

sam

Is there already a template?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

sam19

There isn't a template as the model isn't finished.

Sam

Top-Kart 92

it`s a template out. all wa wanting to have a tamplate to FP7 o he releaed a template... but the bodywork komm´s soon

Calle
Calle Jansson

KF3
Topkart: Topkart racing team Sweden

http://www.jansson-racing.se/

my youtube channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/Lenzocalle92?feature=mhee

Swedish championchip
2011: 7th
2012: 3rd
2013: 7th
2014: Don´t driving

sam19

July 03, 2014, 01:10:51 PM #7 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:46:16 AM by sam19
just a quick update on the model

i have smoothed out the front and added the side lips at the bottom of the body work, if anybody has any sujestions on what itsnt right withthe odywork please post the soon i get this more exact the sooner i can release it

sam

iVersOne

Birel-Rotax 42

I used UVW Mapping in 3ds max to put the sticker kit on the kart, and it took a lot of time to do it. As soon as the complete bodywork is finished, there will be a template out.

EVO

how many polygons is this so far?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Birel-Rotax 42

Birel-Rotax 42

57,974 Vertices.
No optimization as of yet.
1 or 2 fps drop.

Birel-Rotax 42

July 03, 2014, 09:50:44 PM #13 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:04:14 AM by Birel-Rotax 42
Some updates on everything.

Once the rear bumper and gas tank are finished, a template will be released for this version, along with the pods for the actual KG bodywork. Similarly, there will be a metal bumper released with both editions of the bodywork.

Diddy4957

With the metal bumper will it be the full sized ones like they use in the UK?