• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:12 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

FP7 Bodywork

Started by sam19, July 02, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

it will be the metal bumper as per used in the UK

we have tested it in the game and it works well

sam

sam19

Just a little update,

today i have been working on the OTK sidepods ready for when we release the FP7, we want it so that all 3 karts are able to have the FP7.

Thank you for looking

sam

fmaisonnave

Great...  As always

Birel-Rotax 42

Here's another couple of in-game shots. I figured out some shader work, and I'm working on chrome effects for the sidepod bars and rear bumper mounts. In addition to that, there will be a GoPro camera added on where the Freeline mounting bar is located, just to mask the bar and tidy up the look of it. We're also working on doing sidepods that OTK Karts use, putting them on not only the Tony Kart, but also on the CRG chassis, to replicate the ART Grand Prix team.

Zuera in the Rotax Junior  :D So much fun!

Taddzy

July 04, 2014, 10:49:15 AM #19 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:51:39 AM by MAX_T
that fuel tank tho!! nice going guys !!!

and that metal rear bumper is beast sam mate. good to see it coming into krp as no one else really uses them except us guys in the uk and in tkm
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

sam19

a few things have changed on the bodywork, mainly making the front bumper more accurate and the nassau more curved,

will post some pictures when i get onto my computer

sam

Robin Mayer

I can't wait for this bodywork *-* Please release the template as soon as you can :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

Birel-Rotax 42

July 09, 2014, 07:51:48 PM #23 Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:36:04 PM by Birel-Rotax 42
Alright, guys. Here's a link to the WIP version of the FP7 for the Birel and the CRG, each with respective fuel tanks, bodywork, and bars. Give feedback, please! You can install by dragging the "fl_kg" and "nl_fl" folder into a folder titled "bodyworks"!
https://mega.co.nz/#!rF0WDbrI!27-V_BG7FeZTCQdvR2cNg8swL-mpwcKOP82CMBUI-IA
Enjoy, and please give feedback on the modeling!

Robin Mayer

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on July 09, 2014, 07:51:48 PM
Alright, guys. Here's a link to the WIP version of the FP7 for the Birel and the CRG, each with respective fuel tanks, bodywork, and bars. Give feedback, please! You can install by dragging the "fl_kg" and "nl_fl" folder into a folder titled "bodyworks"!

Is there a template?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

Birel-Rotax 42

As I said, I am asking for feedback on the modeling. Since the bodywork is a WIP, I iam asking for feedback on modelling right now.

NAS

Pretty unprecise to be honest

Birel-Rotax 42

What about it is unprecise? Please give details so we can revise the model.

Birel-Rotax 42

I have noticed that with the file size, upon trying to exit to pits, 9 times out of 10, the game will crash. I spent some time testing this, and it seems to come from the sheer size of the file, as well as the number of polygons on the model. I scaled it down to roughly half of the file size (9kb to 4.5kb) and it has stopped KRP from crashing when you return to pits. With this came some lower-poly models, but I don't believe that much was changed, aside from the smoothness of the model (which was so smooth in the first place, there is hardly a difference). There might be a surprise in the upcoming days with this bodywork/others, so keep your eyes peeled!

Optimized Freeline Bodywork: https://mega.co.nz/#!WUUyxSZY!qS-u6rgmOLufVTihmL6KTAT6qwBj5pcEkoPxpU8bydg

iVersOne

how to install it in KRP please ?