• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:56:42 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta11

Started by PiBoSo, April 06, 2014, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2014, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 07, 2014, 12:48:50 PM
what is "new: plugins racedata" in the changelog ?

A new variable is sent to TrackCenterline, with the position of start/finish line, splits and speedtrap.

Excellent !

Structure format (void *_pRaceData) is not yet documented in the "output plugin example" currently available on KRP web site though.

MaX.

It is a pointer to an array of 4 floats.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 07, 2014, 02:00:07 PM
It is a pointer to an array of 4 floats.
Good enough. Should probably be declared as such in the centerline function signature.

MaX.
Two wheels, more than enough.

fdg1997

YAY!

Thanks Piboso! Congrats for the new BETA,tested it but not on my computer(so it was too laggy :/) and it was NICE! Keep up with the good work!!

Leonardo Ratafia

April 08, 2014, 02:12:33 AM #33 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:34:20 AM by Leonardo Ratafia
Hi Piboso, would you please consider adding via ini at least to have a faster look back when full heading is enabled or at least give more angle to the sides views? i just can play alone, hotlapping and stuff, i can't have another driver close to me cause i can't see it, only if he passed me, and if i'm with full heading enabled, it's so slow that when i use it i miss the braking spot so it's no fun. and that's only if there's one driver, i can't imagine with 4 or 6. i bet i couldn't handle. it's such a great sim but the side views and back suck so bad i'm not enjoying it at full.

here's my suggestion thread.
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4293.0

maxrod

I don't know if this is a problem with this beta but when I export after putting in puddles the track goes very dark didn't have a problem before.

Birel-Rotax 42

It sounds like you don't use high field of view. There are several threads that show how to change field of view.

maxrod

This has nothing to do with field of view this is about the texture of the track using third texture in the Glossiness or Specular Level for the puddles.

rich32g

Sucks so bad that there is no 8.1 fix yet..... not been able to play for months....

LauZzZn

A friend of mine tried beta 11 on w8.1 and it works!
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

PiBoSo

Quote from: maxrod on April 08, 2014, 02:19:20 PM
I don't know if this is a problem with this beta but when I export after putting in puddles the track goes very dark didn't have a problem before.

The RGB part of the puddles' texture should be set to full white: 255,255,255

maxrod

The RGB is 255,255,255 the picture is a dry track which would normally look like this one as picture, And before the new beta was ok and is ok till I exported into new beta.

Birel-Rotax 42

@Maxrod, I was talking to the person who was saying that they were having trouble seeing people when they were racing online.

LauZzZn

But a correct fov makes you a lot faster. I always use my calculated fov
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

PiBoSo

Quote from: maxrod on April 08, 2014, 06:14:46 PM
The RGB is 255,255,255 the picture is a dry track which would normally look like this one as picture, And before the new beta was ok and is ok till I exported into new beta.

What shaders are used?
Is the asphalt using multi-texturing?

PiBoSo

Quote from: LauZzZn on April 08, 2014, 05:28:07 PM
A friend of mine tried beta 11 on w8.1 and it works!

Which graphics card and controller does he use?