• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:36:57 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Game Stock Car Game gettin' Karts

Started by LauZzZn, August 30, 2013, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

August 30, 2013, 10:45:12 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:06:11 PM by LauZzZn
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/4132/1.jpg
has anybody seen this? lets see how this will come out. interesting to compare with krp
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

yes this does look intresting, going by game stock car and formula truck this should be good!

IceMan11

+1. Those are the karts that compete in the Granja Viana 500 in Brazil. Love to drive that. :)
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

oppolo

as easily predictable, gmotor can't have the features that krp has. there was a hopeful video of kart sim, but no news anymore, so for now krp is the best kart sim

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on October 05, 2013, 01:10:54 PM
as easily predictable, gmotor can't have the features that krp has. there was a hopeful video of kart sim, but no news anymore, so for now krp is the best kart sim

woot!  8)

Pentti Hilkuri

Yeah physics and driving wise KRP is the king of the kart sims. But GSC looks many times better and have AI and physics isn't that bad so it's very close competition. The presence of the AI alone will keep me driving GSC karts more tho.

KRP might have more tracks atm but there will be custom tracks for GSC aswell that's for sure.

oppolo

Quote from: Pentti Hilkuri on October 06, 2013, 10:11:31 AM
But GSC looks many times better and have AI and physics isn't that bad

there will be custom tracks for GSC aswell that's for sure.

yes for the first 2 things, for the physic think about what krp has more
- live track
- choke
- engine cooling when chooking
- tuck
- different drag when tucking
- carburation
- changing weather and temp requires different carb
- raining
- kz1 with a real motorbike gear
- real direct drive
- start kz1 and f100 by pushing
- real start: rolling start and standing start
- change of visor
- change radiator tape onboard
- real setup of the kart: all bars, seat front rear higth, seat steys
- ackermaan
- ride width
- track width
- idle of engine
- rear axle
am I forgetting something?

for tracks, reiza use a different technique for track, so despite the fact there are plenty of tracks for gsc and ft, almost all of them aren't accepted by reiza because when using them, the good feeling of driving gsc is lost. i don't use none of them

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on October 06, 2013, 11:15:23 AM

The possibility to have limited tyre sets, and re-fit used tyres  :)
Is this possible in GSC?

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 06, 2013, 11:44:29 AM

The possibility to have limited tyre sets, and re-fit used tyres  :)
Is this possible in GSC?

offcourse in gmotor is not possible  ;)

Pentti Hilkuri

yes for the first 2 things, for the physic think about what krp has more
- live track
- choke
- engine cooling when chooking
- tuck
- different drag when tucking
- carburation
- changing weather and temp requires different carb
- raining
- kz1 with a real motorbike gear
- real direct drive
- start kz1 and f100 by pushing
- real start: rolling start and standing start
- change of visor
- change radiator tape onboard
- real setup of the kart: all bars, seat front rear higth, seat steys
- ackermaan
- ride width
- track width
- idle of engine
- rear axle

Yeah, and yet driving against AI makes all that stuff redundant to me.

Quote from: oppolo on October 06, 2013, 11:15:23 AMfor tracks, reiza use a different technique for track, so despite the fact there are plenty of tracks for gsc and ft, almost all of them aren't accepted by reiza because when using them, the good feeling of driving gsc is lost. i don't use none of them

Do show me the source as I don't believe that's true. The most important reason for not getting more tracks is licensing. Has nothing to do with the quality as there's plenty of excellent custom tracks and with many of them, which I use, feels exactly the same as Reiza's tracks.

I'm not GSC fanboy but facts are facts, KRP shines in some areas and GSC in others and what GSC shines in appeals much more to me.
I'll keep driving and support KRP aswell tho.

oppolo

good for you if they feel the same.
I did read this thing in the official forum http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/game-stock-car.77/ but now i have no time for searching it, anyway there isn't a sub session for tracks

it's really not a matter of fanboy but as you say, facts are facts: all mod of karting on the gmotor, are only little cars

Pentti Hilkuri

October 06, 2013, 12:48:38 PM #11 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:54:55 PM by Pentti Hilkuri
Quote from: oppolo on October 06, 2013, 12:26:53 PM
good for you if they feel the same.
I did read this thing in the official forum http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/game-stock-car.77/ but now i have no time for searching it, anyway there isn't a sub session for tracks

Yeah I'm Jebus at Racedepartment, I know very well what Reiza's representatives talk there.
One would think that Alex Sawchuck know's what he's talking about (for example). I see not much of opposing the custom tracks.

There is sub section for tracks btw, it's called GSC mods. The lack of tracks there is more because of RD's strict, and rightly so, policy of hosting tracks with full permissions only, not because of Reiza's non existing opposition of custom tracks in general.

Quote from: oppolo on October 06, 2013, 12:26:53 PMit's really not a matter of fanboy but as you say, facts are facts: all mod of karting on the gmotor, are only little cars

To masses that means nothing. All they see is racing with karts, and if it feels good for them, technical details/features means very little.

oppolo

October 06, 2013, 01:08:51 PM #12 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:06:47 PM by oppolo
maybe they have changed their mind lately under pressions of customers wanted more and more contents all time. When I bought gsc 2012, in the official forum there were only few tracks  due to the fact the good feeling of driving was lost with a simple convertion

I know perfectly what masses want, on the contrary I search others things in a simulator

edit

here i did read something about tracks
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/how-to-convert-a-track-from-rfactor-to-gsc.55211/#post-1231518

2. Without adding the grip levels to the track (whick only REIZA know how). They are slippy and completly ruin the feel GSC has.

Its a shame we cant race mod tracks but unless REIZA do it themselves, any track just wont feel the same.

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: oppolo on October 06, 2013, 01:08:51 PMhere i did read something about tracks
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/how-to-convert-a-track-from-rfactor-to-gsc.55211/#post-1231518

2. Without adding the grip levels to the track (whick only REIZA know how). They are slippy and completly ruin the feel GSC has.

Its a shame we cant race mod tracks but unless REIZA do it themselves, any track just wont feel the same.

I see nothing from Reiza. Only Dave Begley saying something about the issue without any links or statement from Reiza to back it up. And then you saying that you don't want it to be another rfactor with huge amount of custom stuff, which kinda explains your words here. So it's more like what you don't want, not what Reiza wants.

How many custom tracks you've tested btw?

oppolo

Quote from: Pentti Hilkuri on October 06, 2013, 03:17:24 PM
How many custom tracks you've tested btw?
only 2 or 3 in the first time I bought gsc 2012, for me gsc is the simulation of brazil champ of stock car and mini, nothing else, i am not interested in other, anyway, as i said before, good if you feel the same driving quality also in addon tracks