• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:00:39 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta9

Started by PiBoSo, June 08, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LauZzZn

piboso i also tested the zuera kerbs and kerbs on my new tracks with 3d shapes and the tyre dumping is still not perfect the kart still slightly goes into the grass when you are driving on the kerb.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

PiBoSo

Quote from: Kimzu97 on June 10, 2013, 01:49:10 PM
Thank you PiBoSo for releasing the beta 9!

But I haven't been able to test the physics or anything else because I have an annoying and weird problem with the FFB:
The force continually changes while I'm driving! It sort of turns off and then turns back on again. I have a very small resistant and no effects at all. And then suddenly the wheel starts to pull to the right or left strongly and it's impossible to drive! Again there's no effects on kerbs etc. And then soon the force changes lighter (goes off) again. And shortly after the wheel starts to pull once again.
And what makes this weird is that the the force worked properly on a wet track! Why the heck it works on a wet track but not on a dry track?

Same problem with every kart. I have the same controller setting as I had before, and they worked well in beta 8! I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't help. 

Why is this happening? Anyone else having this problem?
This is very annoying and the game is unplayable! :(

I have T500RS but I believe that the wheel can't cause this!

Please try down-grading the wheel drivers until a solution is found:
http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=2912

Nathan Dunnett

KZ1 is simply awesome to drive, I'm running a more realistic setup now due to the tyre changes and it feels great. Same times as B8, but more fun and realistic. The new cadet kart is massive fun too, I can see racing that kart being lots of fun with a big group. I'm yet to test F100 or KF3 yet, but I did more testing with the KF1 and I also noticed the problem of lack of temperature. It feels great once temps are up to 60-70 but that takes like 8-9 laps which is 5-6 laps too long. I'll do more testing tomorrow before saying more but so far I think it's a sure improvement! Only downside is the temperature build up.

Kimzu97

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 10, 2013, 01:57:35 PM
Ok that's obviously the reason. I played beta 8 with the earlier driver. But I'm not going to downgrade the driver.
That's too bad, I'll then have to drive only on wet...or could it be possible to remove this bug?
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

PiBoSo

Quote from: Kimzu97 on June 10, 2013, 05:00:51 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 10, 2013, 01:57:35 PM
Ok that's obviously the reason. I played beta 8 with the earlier driver. But I'm not going to downgrade the driver.
That's too bad, I'll then have to drive only on wet...or could it be possible to remove this bug?

Could you please report your average on-track FPS ( CTRL+F to show / hide FPS display )?

Kimzu97

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 10, 2013, 05:30:24 PM
Could you please report your average on-track FPS ( CTRL+F to show / hide FPS display )?
My FPS is jumping from 70-80 to 120-150.

I noticed that with Birel I have FFB effects on kerbs and grass, but still the force doesn't behave correctly. However better than TK and CRG.
I also experience flickering in Lonato and Essay whom I didn't have in beta 8.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

jose356

How can i go online in krp beta 9?
it saids "invalid login: please registation"
please help me!
thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: McBidouille on June 10, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
Hey guys,
I just did few laps yesterday with the Mini and the KZ1.
Amazing improvements Piboso concerning the sliding control. I think this cannot be better.
We can now brake harder and keep the control on slides.
The kart are really well balanced now.
The mini class is just great too. Even if like you said it need some upgrades, this a very good base.

Thanks so much man for giving us so much pleasure.

Thank you for the kind words. They really help.

IceMan11

Hey guys,
Amazing improvements Piboso concerning the sliding control. I think this cannot be better.
The mini class is just great too. Even if like you said it need some upgrades, this a very good base.

I absolutely agree. The mini 60 class is amazing and i can brake way later and keep my speed going into the turn. Now, I hardly slide around and if I do, I regain control. Beta 9 is amazing!
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen

PiBoSo

Quote from: IceMan11 on June 11, 2013, 12:34:02 AM
Hey guys,

I absolutely agree. The mini 60 class is amazing and i can brake way later and keep my speed going into the turn. Now, I hardly slide around and if I do, I regain control. Beta 9 is amazing!

Whoooo!  8)

The Iceman Marco

I just did some testing with the KZ1 and Mini. I think that beta 9 is big improvement compared to beta 8. The direct steering feels very good, and the new tyres are also better. With the default setup there isn't so much understeer and the rear tyres aren't overheating anymore. The Mini is also very good, especially when it needs some fixed in the next beta.

I tested some laps with the tyre pressure. Like other said it takes too long until the tyres are at good temperatures. The left tyres became around 10 degrees warmer while I slightly decreased the tyre pressure of them. If I want all tyres at the same temperature I have to decrease them more. In real I don't check temperatures, so I don't know how they are, but I always use the same pressure on all tyres in real. So the difference between the tyre pressure are too much I think. But someone who knows about tyre temperatures should tell it. This is how I had the tyrepressure and temperatures.

You can control the kart better while braking, however it wasn't perfect for me. When I brake hard with the KZ1 it sometimes feels like I hit the grass with my rear wheel while I didn't. Increasing the balance didn't help. I haven't tried less pressure, but I never had it like this in previous betas.

The only problem I found with the Mini is the engine temperature. There is no way to control it. I needed 24 degrees air temperature to get my engine temperature at 50 degrees, but I'm sure that the engine becomes too hot for most of the others. So you're depending on the air temperature, but when driving online I think that there always will be some people who can't get their engine temperature good and will be a bit slower than others.

Cross

On my real kart tire pressures are not the same. If a track is primarily right turns the left side tires start with a lower pressure. I set my tires so when I come off the track the tire pressure are almost the same. 15psi seems like where they want to be and perform best. I know myself and a lot of the guys I race with pay a lot more attention to pressures then temperatures.

Aritz

Yes, you should fix the pressures just when you stop the kart, they are often 0,1bar higher in one side of the kart, so krp does a goodjob.

I need a setup for the kz, no time for testing right now and I want to test it correctly (the game).

Could someone tell me if the tyres warm faster with higher pressures?

Miguel Garcia

Ok, so now that I learned that I need to upgrade to b9 to be able to play online and that a fresh install is recommended I have a few questions:

1. Do I completely uninstall v b8 first?  i.e. Delete the program folder?
2. How about the license, do my current license (purchased with v b8) will unlock the new v b9?
3. The settings for video and ffb, etc etc, will need to be reconfigured?
4. The add ons I have like the X30 motor and such are no longer valid?

Miguel

Andreas.L

if y just download b9 and install it it will replace b8 and you license key will be left donĀ“t delet something
I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥