• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:04:58 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta9

Started by PiBoSo, June 08, 2013, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

A few laps done:

-The tyres don't warm fast enough I think, they should be ready very soon with standard weather. With KC3 and 4 laps, the tyres were at only 35º!

-Still is the the 1 bar max pressure problem. For example minikarts use 1,2 / 1,4 bar if I am not mistaken. Same for the wet tyres, they need 1,2 - 1,6 bar.

-I like the direct steer, it is perfect in the beginning of the curve, but why it is not kept along the entire curve when throttle is pushed? It seems that the understeer begins where oversteer should start... Without throttle, the behaviour is very good though ;) Maybe rear rigid axis effect is too much (or the default setup is very "safe")

-I have a suggestion: Why not keep the tyre temp real when we enter in the pits? I mean tyres getting cold same on track waiting stopped or in the pits. Real tyres don't get cold that fast, so 1-2 mins editing the setup shouldn't be a problem to go again to the track with the tyres almost in temperature :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on June 09, 2013, 06:10:04 PM
A few laps done:
-Still is the the 1 bar max pressure problem. For example minikarts use 1,2 / 1,4 bar if I am not mistaken. Same for the wet tyres, they need 1,2 - 1,6 bar.

Starting inflation pressure for real wet tyres should be around 0.9 bar.
Real mini tyres should be around 1.0 for both dry and wet.

Diddy4957

is there much netcode improvement in beta 9?

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 09, 2013, 07:01:11 PM
Quote from: Aritz on June 09, 2013, 06:10:04 PM
A few laps done:

Starting inflation pressure for real wet tyres should be around 0.9 bar.
Real mini tyres should be around 1.0 for both dry and wet.

Hmmm, so the tyres are different now. I was Spirit karting team mechanic and we put more than one bar.

By the way, are the tyres warming faster and more with higher pressure?

oppolo

I'm training now KF3 at Rye, air temp 20. after 15 laps tyres are under 50, front about 42 , rear about 47

fdg1997

Can anyone help me? I cant chose between my Helmet paints with the Mini,with another classes i can chose all my helmet paints but with mini only the standard ones are avaible (Yellow/Blue/Red/White...) Thanks

LauZzZn

yeah everyone has that problem we don't know where to put the paints. the bell doesnt work on the mini,too. i can do what i want with the files but it won't work
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

VELOCIPEDE

Diddy4957

Quote from: fdg1997 on June 09, 2013, 09:34:04 PM
Can anyone help me? I cant chose between my Helmet paints with the Mini,with another classes i can chose all my helmet paints but with mini only the standard ones are avaible (Yellow/Blue/Red/White...) Thanks

To install a kart paint create, in Kart Racing Pro installation path, the following folder structure:

"bodyworks\paints\tk" for T karts
"bodyworks\paints\nl" for C karts
"bodyworks\paints\fl" for B karts
"bodyworks\paints\nl_mini" for the C Mini karts

and copy the PNT file in the appropriate directory.

It is also possible to have a paint for a specific kart, using the following structure:
"karts\t_kf1\paints"
"karts\t_kf3\paints"
"karts\t_kz1\paints"
"karts\t_fs250\paints"
"karts\t_f100\paints"
... and so on

For the helmet and visor:
"driver\helmets\sk6\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_s\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_mini\paints"

fdg1997

Quote from: Diddy4957 on June 09, 2013, 11:50:26 PM
Quote from: fdg1997 on June 09, 2013, 09:34:04 PM

To install a kart paint create, in Kart Racing Pro installation path, the following folder structure:

"bodyworks\paints\tk" for T karts
"bodyworks\paints\nl" for C karts
"bodyworks\paints\fl" for B karts
"bodyworks\paints\nl_mini" for the C Mini karts

and copy the PNT file in the appropriate directory.

It is also possible to have a paint for a specific kart, using the following structure:
"karts\t_kf1\paints"
"karts\t_kf3\paints"
"karts\t_kz1\paints"
"karts\t_fs250\paints"
"karts\t_f100\paints"
... and so on

For the helmet and visor:
"driver\helmets\sk6\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_s\paints"
or
"driver\helmets\sk6_mini\paints"

Thanks a LOT!

Leonardo Ratafia

i'm just so happy with beta8 that i'm not sure about downloading and installing beta9.
dedicated server works fine, the setups i've gathered here are really great and did get me within a second of the best times out there, in the stats.

Clova414

Quote from: Leonardo Ratafia on June 10, 2013, 02:38:54 AM
i'm just so happy with beta8 that i'm not sure about downloading and installing beta9.
dedicated server works fine, the setups i've gathered here are really great and did get me within a second of the best times out there, in the stats.
Yeah you could be comfortable, but that wont make you a better driver! ;D

Clova414

my times aren't showing on stats, do I need to re register on the stats page??

McBidouille

Hey guys,
I just did few laps yesterday with the Mini and the KZ1.
Amazing improvements Piboso concerning the sliding control. I think this cannot be better.
We can now brake harder and keep the control on slides.
The kart are really well balanced now.
The mini class is just great too. Even if like you said it need some upgrades, this a very good base.

Thanks so much man for giving us so much pleasure.

Kimzu97

Thank you PiBoSo for releasing the beta 9!

But I haven't been able to test the physics or anything else because I have an annoying and weird problem with the FFB:
The force continually changes while I'm driving! It sort of turns off and then turns back on again. I have a very small resistant and no effects at all. And then suddenly the wheel starts to pull to the right or left strongly and it's impossible to drive! Again there's no effects on kerbs etc. And then soon the force changes lighter (goes off) again. And shortly after the wheel starts to pull once again.
And what makes this weird is that the the force worked properly on a wet track! Why the heck it works on a wet track but not on a dry track?

Same problem with every kart. I have the same controller setting as I had before, and they worked well in beta 8! I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't help. 

Why is this happening? Anyone else having this problem?
This is very annoying and the game is unplayable! :(

I have T500RS but I believe that the wheel can't cause this!
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel