• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:30:07 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Rotax Max (FR 125)

Started by MRO, April 09, 2013, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddy4957

There was talks of taking front brakes off KF1 at one point as it reduced the overtaking in the race as everyone could brake so much later, so it doesnt actually make more overtaking. I guess it depends on the track though, if there are long straights it will help but on more technical circuits it wont making overtaking better

Jakob98

It will be like rotax jr without front brakes

Alex10

With front brakes you can brake much later witch leads to more overtakings and better racing..

HamletBandit (tonykartmini)

In euromax the offical rotax series they use front brakes so this is what we should go by

Alex10

Quote from: Tonykartmini on May 27, 2013, 03:33:54 PM
In euromax the offical rotax series they use front brakes so this is what we should go by
Yes I agree :)

Jakob98

Quote from: Tonykartmini on May 27, 2013, 03:33:54 PM
Yes :)

Andreas.L

You can brake later and with front brakes is going faster and when it goes fast is fun to race and you are beter driver if you can drive fast with frontbrakes!!!! ;)
I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.

-Ayrton Senna ♥

Cory_Hayes

might aswell give the 60 mini front brakes aswell then -.- DERP

MRO

May 27, 2013, 04:20:36 PM #98 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:37:28 PM by MRO
oh guys!!!
what a caos!

about the model:
I make Rotax Max WITHOUT front brakes because it is and has to be without:
who wants the front barkes just change to KF and uses that chassis.

It is NONSENSE (and "if permitted" I tell my point of view since we have either pilots in National and in World / Euro Rotax Champ):
it is VERY STUPID from Rotax to have allowed such confusion, permitting the use of front brakes in some Countries only, this generates a lot of misunderstanding and moreover the "impossibility to make comparation between Countries": since National Champ should be "the door to go to Extra National Champ": this generates a NONSENSE because all pilots / all Countries should have to reach Ultranational Champ in same condition!!! (why making the regulation fiches? to put some ruls /fixed points: but in this case we see the opposite).
Rotax Max has more or less 30 HP: why front brakes? are you all learning to drive right now? (I mean people that insists that "front brakes in "just Rotax" are necessary, beautiful, nice like a beautiful girl) THEY ARE JUST FUN, USELESS, NO MEANING):
WAKE UP!! I'm a car race driver since 1987 and can say that exceed in brake system is useful when just necessary, otherwise useless, stupid and creates only problems of weight (race with Porsche, where brake system is not "just funny")..
In karting, all what is weight is problem: also useless front brakes.

So I understand that for KF with 42 to 45 HP, or KZ with 50 + HP front brakes are useful,
but nobody can say this with 10 to 15 HP less.

Who says that to drive with front brakes is better because you brake later (sorry for my sincerity, but a forum is done to exchange ideas and LEARN something) it just mean that
"still needs a little bit training more":
remind that the modern braking system (mean for example the CRG ven05 or other) are air cooled and double, floating and with big caliper, where brake pads are studied for the maximum performance (infact you change every 2 times)..
if with such braking system you cannot brake at very last moment it just means that your training / performance was done with this bad habit: never meet who has only back brakes because brakes exactly where you brake, but is lighter weight, so advantaged and more expert.

The fact is totally different and since I started this topic I feel the responsibility to put some ending points to this discussion:
the fact is that many ("too many") Countries are "crazy for pilot safety" and exaggerate in safety regulations (by this foolish idea tomorrow someone could put rubber front like in Disneyland :-)):

we alyas see in television people going out with umbrella just because "weather could be rainy" (poor them) and we all smile, right?
if someone doesn't want risk in races just don't race: play football.

But please don't say that to drive a Rotax with front brakes is better: I can only understand that they could be useful (just could be, because also in Italy it's snowy in winter) useful for Northern Countries where for longer time there can be some ice on the road.. (and also this has be proved, because if you're really able to use brakes ven05 are more than sufficient).

And now let me say (I never said :-), just one time now):
Italy is the Country where most of car races started, and the origin of karting:
CRG, Tony Kart, Maxter, Birel, ..., ..., ..., (should I go on?)
SO: WHY HERE IN ITALY WE DON'T USE FRONT BRAKES? should be a good reason.. right?

We arrive to detach some stickers because save 600 gr and you wish to add 2 and half kg of useless front brakes?
in this case we are in two different Worlds.

about Eurochallenge and Grand Finals it's another story: we also participate (without) to Grand Finals:
front brakes are "just allowed", not obligatory.. that's the point:
"how could them be forbidden, when the organizer allowed them in some Countries? when all Countries are together they must be accepted" (because confusion, this problem, already started at origin).

if someone is offended from this my post please just tell:
my will is to give friendly suggestions and opinions only :-)
bye

Mauro
Mauro

James Beer

i totally agree with mauro, if people want front brakes then just take them off the kf karts, it's a stupid argument really as this is what would need to be done anyway, in order to make it so there are brakes at the front, if mauro just leaves it standard then people can do what they want but i certainly won't be using front brakes

MRO

May 27, 2013, 04:52:54 PM #100 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:54:32 PM by MRO
thankYou James  ;)

http://www.rotaxasia.com/2012/12/regulations-update-senior-front-brakes/
Malaysia
In accordance with the 2013 Rotax Technical Regulations on the front brakes for the Senior category, and after having received requests from drivers & teams, we have decided that the use of front brakes for Senior Max will no longer be allowed at all Rotax events in Malaysia. Therefore all drivers who currently currently have front brakes will need to remove them for the 2013 season starting with the Rotax Invitational event in January.

http://www.asncanada.com/2013_Karting/2013-Karting%20Regulations/Rotax/2013-RMC-Micro-Mini-Appendix-Canada.pdf
Canada
Front brakes are forbidden for mini and micro
Front brakes are not allowed in the 125 junior Max
Front brakes are allowed in 125 MAX class only but may be forbidden by the authorized distributor or by a race promoter in accordance with the authorized distributor.

http://www.atcuae.ae/ckfinder/userfiles/files/uae%20rmc%20technical%20regs%202012-2013.pdf

Front brakes are not allowed in the 125 MAX Junior MAX class

http://www.atcl.org/files/auto/karting/2013/ROTAX%20MAX%20Challenge%20Lebanon%20Regulation%202013.pdf
Lebanon
4 wheels brakes are permissible

http://www.karting1.co.uk/the-kf-karting-effect-1.htm
something against front brakes in Rotax and such confusion
Mauro

Nathan Dunnett

Front brakes are also banned in Australia outside of CIK classes.

MRO

and that's right and technically correct:
magnesium hubs, ring and disc carrier, duralcan brake disc cost a lot to save more or less 1,8 kg
in race we calculate fuel to save weight,
etc etc..
to insist that to add 2,5 to 3 kg front brake system (even if useless) is an advantage is simply nonsense..
I understand that in some Countries it can be obligatory, and there pilots MUST use: but this is not good at all.

Sorry for my long essay (as you see it's rare that I talk too much) but when I read something too "strange" in racing tech matter..
hope this matter is clear now  :D
Mauro

MRO

Nathan, Australia where?
I've a business partner in Sydney
Mauro

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.