• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:36:01 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Rider Ejection if flipped?

Started by DjFIL, March 22, 2013, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjFIL

I just flipped my kart (on a kerb), it looked really funny once I was upside down and the top half of my rider was going thru the ground to the unknown.  I understand in GP Bikes that the riders get ejected off the bikes in crashes... why not in KRP?  Thanks.

nmpcs

ParkourAsh_CM

KZ2_Iceman97

would be good but you would have to have a respawn button to be able to continue after flipping
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

nmpcs

Quote from: KZ2_Iceman97 on May 03, 2013, 01:34:21 AM
would be good but you would have to have a respawn button to be able to continue after flipping
I don't think so, as if you flip your kart, the only way to continue is to click "back to the pits".
So even if you rolled, that could be used too. No need for respawn buttons.

Piers Prior

yea a button that slowly turned you back over would be good :)
you should suggest it in the beta 9 thread ;)
The world is your lobster

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Hispinkness Prior on May 03, 2013, 05:35:55 PM
yea a button that slowly turned you back over would be good :)
you should suggest it in the beta 9 thread ;)
Actually quite a good idea to do that, might put it up there now if someone hasn't already
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

Diddy4957

To me it would be better if the pysics made it harder to flip, its unrealistic to flip on a kerb like we can at the moment. Otherwise as this is a sim, once a kart flips in real life the driver is out of the race due to damage/injury, so if we did flip then it makes sense to have to retire until the end of the race

LIAM-36-AUS

i suggested this and nobody voted for it...  :'(

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Diddy4957 on May 06, 2013, 10:08:42 AM
To me it would be better if the pysics made it harder to flip, its unrealistic to flip on a kerb like we can at the moment. Otherwise as this is a sim, once a kart flips in real life the driver is out of the race due to damage/injury, so if we did flip then it makes sense to have to retire until the end of the race
technically it all depends on how you flipped and how badly you flipped, i have seen flips and yet guys have got up and continued on to win the race and get podiums

nmpcs

I just can't imagine to see a kart unflip itself. That would be unrealistic.
I agree with the rider ejection, but to me we have to click "return to the pits" and continue from there

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: nmpcs on May 06, 2013, 12:19:43 PM
I just can't imagine to see a kart unflip itself. That would be unrealistic.
I agree with the rider ejection, but to me we have to click "return to the pits" and continue from there
yeah that would be a better decision for the setting that way your not driving round in battered up kart and can keep going in a new kart

Nathan Dunnett

The rule in Australia is that once you are out of your kart you are out of the race, I never realised it was different in Europe and elsewhere.

KZ2_Iceman97

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on May 07, 2013, 06:40:11 AM
The rule in Australia is that once you are out of your kart you are out of the race, I never realised it was different in Europe and elsewhere.
so if you run direct drive in Yamaha and of course KZ2, you can't get out and push start yourself to continue on, that is the most ridiculous rule i have ever heard of

Cory_Hayes

it is actually kind of fair......like you spun...that means your out.....its just that simple...