• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:04 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Triple screen support?

Started by aireisor, February 22, 2011, 04:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aireisor

February 22, 2011, 04:11:20 AM Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:01:47 PM by aireisor
Hello,

Does the game support triple screen? If it does, could somebody please send a picture or a video of how it looks like.
By the way, I'm using nvidia SLI.
Thank you.

Racehard

aireisor

They talked about SoftTH.

Here's a quote from another thread:

Quote from: devotid on December 06, 2010, 12:21:01 AM
Bravo on the models and graphics!  Im running a 2.6 quad intel with one 5850 ati eyefinity @ 6048x1200 triple screen with 4xAA and im getting a smooth 50-70 FPS.

I still don't see the settings for multiple screens and want to hear from developers or anybody else if they had the game running with triple screens and how to set it up.

BoNI

yes, the game supports triple screen... the important thing is set the 'screen ratio' to 'resolution'...
the problem is that you don't see the display on the steering wheel.. must find a compromise between track view and a view of display on the steering wheel...

aireisor

Thank you BoNI. That's so much more than I can see. But what's up with the display? Can't you adjust FOV and pitch?

BoNI

yes, you can. but the pitch 'tilts the head', would be better to change the height of the visual... the top would be to see the tires and the track from afar
here you can see the visual with pitch 100. the fov is 40, but if i could, i olower it even more...
sorry fir the bad english... :P

aireisor

Yeah, the height adjust should be added to the options. Must suggest it to PiBoSo.

aireisor

Quote from: BoNI on March 16, 2011, 01:40:36 PM
yes, the game supports triple screen... the important thing is set the 'screen ratio' to 'resolution'...
the problem is that you don't see the display on the steering wheel.. must find a compromise between track view and a view of display on the steering wheel...

BoNI, by the way, do you use ATI or nvidia? I wonder if it matters.

BoNI

i use Ati 6950 with eyefinity configuration... nVidia currently does not manages 3 monitors with one video card;if you use nvidia, you have to use the Matrox TripleHead2Go...

aireisor

March 22, 2011, 11:05:49 PM #9 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:08:20 PM by aireisor
I have 2 video cards, so it's not a problem to connect 3 displays. Just want to verify that it would work before buying 2 additional displays. Sad that PiBoSo can't answer my question, although this thread is pretty old now. I'm tired of hitting the other guys online, because I can't see them. Sorry to all for that  ::)

BoNI

you can try to use SoftTH , but i don't know how (and if) it works... http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

PiBoSo

Quote from: aireisor on March 22, 2011, 11:05:49 PM
I have 2 video cards, so it's not a problem to connect 3 displays. Just want to verify that it would work before buying 2 additional displays. Sad that PiBoSo can't answer my question, although this thread is pretty old now. I'm tired of hitting the other guys online, because I can't see them. Sorry to all for that  ::)

You still haven't got a reply because KRP hasn't been officially tested on a triple screen setup.
However there are reports from users that it does work with AMD Eyefinity, and that it doesn't work with SoftTH ( because apparently this software doesn't support OpenGL ).
Internal support for multiple screens with separate rendering is in progress.

Antracer09

Will you be including support for softth?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Antracer09 on April 14, 2011, 07:06:30 PM
Will you be including support for softth?

Beta3 will attempt to natively support multiple screens setups.