• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:40 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Karting Campillos W.I.P

Started by oskart, February 06, 2013, 02:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oskart

Hi my name is Oscar Ortiz and I started to race with go-kart in 2009. I've always driven in kartingCampillos so, it was made for rFactor and I decided to convert. It's going to be my first convertion, and I need help cause I've a problem with the trees, they look like a 2D object and it is strange for me. Can someone help me? Excume me for my bad English, I'm trying to improve. Cheers all

Aritz

You have to clone tree's planes and then flip them.

Tienes que clonar los planos que forman los árboles y luego hacer un flip de la textura. Si no no se ven más que por un lado y no parecen árboles. Cuelga unas capturas para que veamos si esto lo que te digo.

oskart

Thanks for the answer. A pair of screenshots

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2748/arbolitos.jpg

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/4673/campillosgeneral.jpg

Aritz gracias por responder, así es como llevo los árboles. Tengo casi todo texturizado y voy a empezar a renombrar los objetos.

Thank you Aritz, I have almost every materials with his texture, I'm going to start to rename the objects.

Aritz

February 06, 2013, 04:05:38 PM #3 Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:07:29 PM by Aritz
Put screenshots using MapViewer, we need to know how are they looking in game.

By the way, it is better if you use 4 planes instead of 2, they look better:

Pon capturas de cómo se ve en el mapviewer, queremos ver cómo se ven en el juego.

Por cierto, es mejor si usas 4 planos en lugar de 2 para hacer los árboles, se nota mucho menos que son "falsos".

oskart

Photos from Map Viewer are here. I thougt that it would look like shabbier (more shabby) but I'm happy enough with the job. Aritz Idon't know how to clonate the planes and paste them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ahí van las fotos del Mapviewer. Pensé que se vería más cutre pero no queda tan mal. No sé como como clonar y pegar los planos.

prostix

really good track oskart and aritz what is this track ?

oskart

Thanks prostix, it's Karting Campillos in Málaga, Spain. It's an international track where Euro Rotax Winter Series are celebrated, and Spanish National Championship. The creator is "Liquido" is a member of simracing.es he did the track to rfactor, and he doesn't mind the people convert his jobs to other sims. I'm converting the track and Aritz is helping me, it's my first convertion. I hope to do a good job for all us. Probably the decoration won't be perfect, but the layout is going to be very good.

Aritz

Primero seleccionas el árbol, en el menú de la derecha, seleccionas modify y luego le das a polygon.Tienes que seleccionar un plano del objeto árbol, CTRL+V para clonarlo y luego le das a FLIP. Con flip lo que haces es darle la vuelta a una de las texturas para que se vea el árbol por ambos lados, lo que es necesario ya que en el KRP solo se ven las texturas de un lado y no desde los dos ;)

Eso uno a uno y recuerda que tienes que duplicar TODOS los planos de CADA árbol. Al final cada árbol tiene que tener 4 planos en vez de 2.

oskart

No sería más fácil hacer uno bueno e ir duplicandolo??

Aritz

oskart

I've got a doubt, how do Iedit the grill? Is it an auto-function of Piboso's Track Tools or I have to create it in 3dsMax? If I have to do it in 3dsMax I don't know how. Please help

Aritz

Are you talking about the grid or grill?  ;D

It is created using Piboso's Track Editor:

http://www.kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads

And the guide:

http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Editor

oskart

I don't know the differemce between them.

La parrilla de salida jejeje, las lineas blancas y todo eso. Oye lo del flip me ha venido de lujo para el edificio y un par de cosas. Gracias

Aritz

You must do the flip thing on many objects, like fences, trees and all the single plane walls. It is quite usual to let this undone with rFactor conversions and it is a big mistake, they look awful  ::)

Debes hacer lo del FLIP en muchas cosas! Vallas, árboles y todos los muros que sean con un solo plano. Es típico de las conversiones de rFactor dejarse eso sin hacer y es horrible!

Grill sería la parrilla pero la de asar carne  ;D

La de salida es GRID