• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:08:05 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steering wheel reviews

Started by nmpcs, December 05, 2012, 01:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentti Hilkuri

I'm not that much of a writer, so no proper review from me I'm afraid. But I have experience with both Logitech G25 and Thrustmaster T500 RS in KRP, and imo T500 beats G25 hands down in every way. G25 (and G27, as it's pretty much the same wheel) is good wheel but not even close to same level with T500. Belt drive is the way to go nowdays imo.

nmpcs

I've seen some very nice reviews of the T500 although I've never tried it.
The wheel's rotation angle is 1080 degrees and the pedals seems awsome too (I know you can position them in 2 diferent ways).
But the g27  doesn't lack the gear shifter.

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: nmpcs on January 03, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
I've seen some very nice reviews of the T500 although I've never tried it.
The wheel's rotation angle is 1080 degrees and the pedals seems awsome too (I know you can position them in 2 diferent ways).
But the g27  doesn't lack the gear shifter.

Yeah, lack of shifter is a small minus compared to G25/27. But Thrustmaster have very good sifter, TH8RS, you can buy separately. And that too beats G25/27 shifter in every way. So in the end T500 RS + shifter comes a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny imo. And yeah pedals are awesome, but in all fairnes Fanatec CSP seems to be even better than that. That's probably the next thing I'm gonna get. But at the moment I'm very happy with my Thrustmaster setup.

nmpcs

Niiice. I'd love to try one of those. I always liked Thrustmaster :)

Kimzu97

Quote from: Pentti Hilkuri on January 03, 2013, 10:16:01 AM
But I have experience with both Logitech G25 and Thrustmaster T500 RS in KRP, and imo T500 beats G25 hands down in every way. G25 (and G27, as it's pretty much the same wheel) is good wheel but not even close to same level with T500.
I'm clad to hear that as I'm going to change my G27 and T500 is just the one that I'm interested! I have already bought the TH8RS and that's a brilliant shifter! TH8RS beats G27's plastic shifter so easily in every way. And it has not just the H-pattern but the sequential too which I use quite a lot!
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: Kimzu97 on January 03, 2013, 03:30:33 PM
But I have experience with both Logitech G25 and Thrustmaster T500 RS in KRP, and imo T500 beats G25 hands down in every way. G25 (and G27, as it's pretty much the same wheel) is good wheel but not even close to same level with T500.
I'm clad to hear that as I'm going to change my G27 and T500 is just the one that I'm interested! I have already bought the TH8RS and that's a brilliant shifter! TH8RS beats G27's plastic shifter so easily in every way. And it has not just the H-pattern but the sequential too which I use quite a lot!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Also if you drive lots of open wheelers with paddle shifters you might want to consider getting F1 addon wheel for it. In T500 RS paddles are stationary, doesn't rotate with wheel, and are pretty impossible to use with cars that needs fast steering. I got the addon aswell and must say it's pretty awesome. Of course you can buy F1 version of T550 straight away but compare prices. For example here in Finland it was cheaper to buy T500 RS first and F1 addon for it later than to buy F1 version and then GT rim for it later. A bit stupid but that's how it was.

Kimzu97

Quote from: Pentti Hilkuri on January 03, 2013, 05:43:33 PM
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Also if you drive lots of open wheelers with paddle shifters you might want to consider getting F1 addon wheel for it. In T500 RS paddles are stationary, doesn't rotate with wheel, and are pretty impossible to use with cars that needs fast steering. I got the addon aswell and must say it's pretty awesome. Of course you can buy F1 version of T500 straight away but compare prices. For example here in Finland it was cheaper to buy T500 RS first and F1 addon for it later than to buy F1 version and then GT rim for it later. A bit stupid but that's how it was.
I too have wondered that it makes more sense to buy T500 with the GT wheel first and then buy the F1 wheel as an addon.

Same prices for me as I'm Finnish too :D
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: Kimzu97 on January 03, 2013, 06:48:09 PM
Same prices for me as I'm Finnish too :D

Sorry for little bit finnish:

Verkkokauppa.comissa näyttäs olevan RS tosi hyvään hintaan, tosin pitkä tomitus aika. Mä tilasin paikalliseen kodinkoneliikeeseen, sain sieltä hyvän diilin. Ja cdon.comissa oli F1 lisäri 120,-, se oli sillon paras hinta ku ite ostin.

/end of strange language. Trust me, I said nothing but good things about you all. ;)

Piers Prior

i wish i could afford the CSW it sounds AWESOME
The world is your lobster

LIAM-36-AUS

January 03, 2013, 10:52:47 PM #24 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:54:53 PM by LIAM-36-AUS
Quote from: Kimzu97 on January 03, 2013, 03:30:33 PM
Plastic Shifter? g27 doesnt have a plastic shifter?   the paddles are all metal and the gearstick is plastic at the top but it has a metal stick.   

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on January 03, 2013, 10:52:47 PM
Plastic Shifter? g27 doesnt have a plastic shifter?   the paddles are all metal and the gearstick is plastic at the top but it has a metal stick.

Well G25/27 definately have more plastic than metal in it. And compared to TH8RS it have very plastic feel too.

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: Pentti Hilkuri on January 03, 2013, 11:08:31 PM
Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on January 03, 2013, 10:52:47 PM

Well G25/27 definately have more plastic than metal in it. And compared to TH8RS it have very plastic feel too.
ive seeen much more plastic wheels then the G27,  60% Metal steering wheel, metal Paddles, metal button Pad, metal Peddles, metal gearstick stick, metal screws on Gearstick and wheel witch make it look good in my opinion.  Im not saying the G27 is better then the TH8RS,  Can you show us photo's and specs of it? ???

Kimzu97

I think we were talking just about the shifter? 90% of the TH8RS is metal so definetly more than in G25/G27 shifter.

Yes G25/G27 does have metal but not so much as T500 or some more expensive ones like Fanatec ClubSport has.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on January 03, 2013, 11:49:36 PM
ive seeen much more plastic wheels then the G27,  60% Metal steering wheel, metal Paddles, metal button Pad, metal Peddles, metal gearstick stick, metal screws on Gearstick and wheel witch make it look good in my opinion.  Im not saying the G27 is better then the TH8RS,  Can you show us photo's and specs of it? ???

Well first of all I was only talking about shifter stick part of G25/G27. Everything else is quality stuff and mostly metal, important parts anyways. But gearstick is definately not on par with other stuff. I used G25 for some years and loved it, so don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking up anything of it. I also have quite a lot experience with all kind of wheels, exept those really high end ones, so this is not fanboy talk. It's just a fact that TH8RS is way ahead compared to G25/G27 shifter unit.

Don't have camera so can't take pictures, sorry, but found you a nice review for it.

Piers Prior

Fanatec CSR wheel with CSR elite Pedals and CSR shifters
[/u][/b]

http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=165

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
|   Rotation   |   Vibration or FFB   |   nr of pedals   |   Pressure sensitive pedals   |                          Gear shift             |Handbrake|Compatibility|
   up to 900º            Both                          3                 Load cell brake                    Sequential, H-pattern and paddles        No                 All

I have had this wheel and pedals for just over a week now and have used them on 4 games, WRS KRP rFactor and GTR2. So far all of them have been exceptional with probably the best FFB coming from rFactor with the real feel plugin and ORSM's v8 factor mods. Having only owned my Microsoft Xbox wheel previously which had no FFB on PC this wheel was a welcome break and gives my more immersion and greater feel which has already allowed me to better some of my previous times. It took only 2-3 hours to get used to and once i was it has been a dream. Fanatec have made a brilliant wheel and i would recommend it to anyone.   It is very smooth and quiet due to the belt drive system made by Fanatec. The pedals are something to behold on their own. The load cell brake makes all the difference and means i can brake later, harder for longer with more confidence and the overall quality of the pedals is phenomenal.
My overall thoughts are exceptional and it has made a huge impact on my sim racing on the whole and i would rate these products a 9/10 and only 9 because i had to make minor modifications to the pedals so i could use them in my 'rig' . Amazing products and i would recommend them to anyone. I love them.
The world is your lobster