• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:46:13 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steering wheel reviews

Started by nmpcs, December 05, 2012, 01:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmpcs

Guys, I think it would be great to make a review of the wheels that we tested or have, so it might be hepful for other people.
So I'll start with the Trustmaster Ferrari GT experience 3 in 1.

Some features:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
|   Rotation   |   Vibration or FFB   |   nr of pedals   |   Pressure sensitive pedals   |   Gear shift   |   Handbrake   |   Compatibility   |
       180º                vibration                    2                                 yes                           paddles               no              PS2, PS3, PC

Overall opinion:
It has a good feeling for a non FFB wheel and seems well constructed.
The pedals although they are made of plastic, look quite resistant and almost cannot be pressed by hand. (the brake is even stiffer).
As for the paddles, the clicks when you shift gears were gone after some use although they still work fine.
The steering wheel comes with a mounting clamp for use on a table.

maxrod

The best wheel for krp is the g27, I have others including fanatec csr but the ffb is better on the g27.

nmpcs

Quote from: maxrod on December 06, 2012, 09:23:48 AM
The best wheel for krp is the g27, I have others including fanatec csr but the ffb is better on the g27.

make a review of it :)

nmpcs

December 06, 2012, 10:46:08 AM #3 Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:54:05 AM by nmpcs
So here goes another one.
Logitech driving force

Some features:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
|   Rotation   |   Vibration or FFB   |   nr of pedals   |   Pressure sensitive pedals   |   Gear shift   |   Handbrake   |   Compatibility   |
       180º                   FFB                        2                                 yes                            paddles               no               PS2, PS3, PC

Overall opinion:
I like the feeling of it's FFB and it's quite strong.
The wheel seems robust and the paddles have a nice feeling although it makes no click when you press it, so you know that you shifted when you pressed it to the end.
The wheel is a bit noisy when turned rapidly.
The pedals are not very good, although they are pressure sensitive. You can press them with your finger, so when you use your feet you have to be a bit careful because it seems that could brake easily. (I don't know if that would happen, because I'm always careful)
The clamps integrated on the wheel are a very nice and practical way to mount it in any table, even in a bit rounded one.
The bottom of the clamps have an adjustable piece, so you can have it mounted a bit forward on one side and a little backward on the other, so if your table is a bit rounded you can still use it there.
The wheel has a USB connection and was originally for PS2, but it works fine on PC. I downloaded Logitech's gaming sofware drivers and it's working great on my windows 7 x86

James Beer

Quote from: nmpcs on December 06, 2012, 10:46:08 AM
So here goes another one.
Logitech driving force

Some features:
       180º                   FFB                        2                                 yes                            paddles               no               PS2, PS3, PC

Overall opinion:
I like the feeling of it's FFB and it's quite strong.
The wheel seems robust and the paddles have a nice feeling although it makes no click when you press it, so you know that you shifted when you pressed it to the end.
The wheel is a bit noisy when turned rapidly.
The pedals are not very good, although they are pressure sensitive. You can press them with your finger, so when you use your feet you have to be a bit careful because it seems that could brake easily. (I don't know if that would happen, because I'm always careful)
The clamps integrated on the wheel are a very nice and practical way to mount it in any table, even in a bit rounded one.
The bottom of the clamps have an adjustable piece, so you can have it mounted a bit forward on one side and a little backward on the other, so if your table is a bit rounded you can still use it there.
The wheel has a USB connection and was originally for PS2, but it works fine on PC. I downloaded Logitech's gaming sofware drivers and it's working great on my windows 7 x86

yes it is very noisy the wheel i thought it was just mine but probably not now as ive seen you have same prob, yes pedals are a bit of an issue i have to have my brakes between 50% and 55% so i dont brake them but its still fine works like any other wheel

nmpcs

I keep my pedals at 100% because I don't step on them too hard.
It's a question of being a bit careful and geting used to them. :)
I can make the same times with this wheel and the Ferrari one (who has much better pedals) :)

nmpcs

Recently I tried this wheel:
NGS Coupé

Some features:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       180º                vibration                    2                                 no                            paddles              no                PS2, PS3, PC

Overall opinion:
The wheel it's not ergonomic at all. It's so lifted up that it seems that we're driving a truck...
In terms of precision driving it's awful, I mean you just can´t play any simulation game with it.
The paddles inicially do the same as the pedals, so if you're driving with auto gears you don't need the pedals at all. (who would want that?)
You need to configure them to be able to use them properly, but once it's been done, the feeling of changing gears is quite nice.
The pedals are not pressure sensitive, so you can imagine playing Kart Racing Pro with it....     here comes a corner...brake....turn....spin.... xD
For me the botom line is that this wheel seems more like a toy and is not for any players who like simulation games

Serega

Quote from: nmpcs on December 06, 2012, 05:44:13 PM
I keep my pedals at 100% because I don't step on them too hard.
It's a question of being a bit careful and geting used to them. :)
I can make the same times with this wheel and the Ferrari one (who has much better pedals) :)
I use garrot for my left pedal of Driving Force GT, because it is slight...

Flamber

December 22, 2012, 09:51:55 PM #8 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:02:46 PM by Flamber
Well,my turn I guess^^ Today got my first wheel- Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 with FFB.

Features:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
       270º                FFB                               2                               yes                          paddles                 no                     PC

Overall opinion:
It is amazing wheel.The FFB is quite good,and really strong.The set has 3 axis(2 for pedals and 1 for wheel).The pedals are pressure sensitive and really stiff,they are like the ones in cars,and they also have metal on them,not 100% plastic.The paddles are completely made of metal and is almost impossible to break them,also very comfortable.The wheel has 270* rotation,and has a rubber on it,which makes it more and more comfortable,heh.Really good wheel.

nmpcs

You bought an awsome wheel and I'm sure you would prefer it to the others that you had talked about.
Have some fun with it :)

LIAM-36-AUS

Here's my New wheel the Logitech G27:

up to 900º            FFB                          3                               Yes                    Paddles and Gear stick    No                 PC

Overall opinion: Great wheel,  I love the Force Feedback and it does'nt take alot to setup.    its fun to play with the Gearstick like your in a real car,  i think the G27 might need more buttons on the wheel.   I like the steel peddles and how the brake and clutch are a bit hard to press like in a real car, i also like the steel Shift Paddles there great to play with and i use them in the shifter kart.  the rev lights on the wheel are cool and realistic but not compatible with some games sadly.   

nmpcs

Awsome :)
One thing I think manufacturers are forgetting about is the handbrake.
I've seen footage of people that buy the G25/G27 and then adapt a real handbrake to it by opening the gear stick and welding some wires.
It would be nice to just buy one wheel with that (but a good handbrake, not plastic ones that brake easily like I had in my past wheels from Logic 3 and Skream)

Alex10

Here's my review of Logitech G27:
It's VERY, VERY, VEEEERRY GOOD! ;)

nmpcs

Quote from: Alex10 on December 24, 2012, 06:26:08 PM
Here's my review of Logitech G27:
It's VERY, VERY, VEEEERRY GOOD! ;)
;D

Piers Prior

im getting my fanatec csr with csr elite pedals in just over a week and will upload a short review after that :)
The world is your lobster