• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:09:00 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Multiplayer problems

Started by PiBoSo, November 06, 2012, 07:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jommy45

joining to a lobby is now sorted. but it is nearly impossible to start an actually race. practice qually warm up are all fine. soon as you enter race pre-start somebody will always get removed for jumping the start even though they never move. then most when the remaining karts approach the 'corridor' everybody gets removed for either speeding or going too slow even when that is not the case. also karts infront flash in and out of vision during a race.

matty0l215

Quote from: Raise on July 27, 2017, 10:03:16 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on July 27, 2017, 09:33:22 PM
Quote from: razorkart14 on January 03, 2015, 10:33:14 PM
Netcode needs improvement or at least the number of karts able to be seen raised from 12

The number of Karts in a server is set by the server admin, It is not a hard limit.

You are aware that you are commenting on a post made a very long time ago that was in reference to how you can only see 12 karts at a time no matter what because of Piboso's restrictions not the amount of people on the server.

Thats odd. It came up as an unread comment when i logged in...

JoeCool

Quote from: Raise on July 27, 2017, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: JoeCool on July 27, 2017, 08:11:57 PM
Ok, I give up. Going to ask for refund at Steam.

It's a shame. Try to connect to a race 10 times, it will crash 9 times. Time out Connection.
I tried all connection speed. Low, middle and fast (I have a 400mBit Connection). No way. It's somewhat unstable and very beta.

Driving around in Testing mode is boring after all.

Fix it, I will return next year.

Bye.

You must be having a very isolated experience as no one I know nor myself have had their game crash joining servers since the 2b update that came out days ago. Also the speed settings only refer to karts visible and does not affect ability to join servers

Isolated or not - for me it is nearly impossible to join a server. Sometime the game doesn't crash, but I always get a time out promptly. I run a Highend PC with fast 64gb mem and Titan X Pascal Graph, and drive with Oculus Rift. Maybe the Rift is the reason, I don't know.....

Raise

Quote from: JoeCool on July 28, 2017, 08:01:29 AM
Quote from: Raise on July 27, 2017, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: JoeCool on July 27, 2017, 08:11:57 PM
Ok, I give up. Going to ask for refund at Steam.

It's a shame. Try to connect to a race 10 times, it will crash 9 times. Time out Connection.
I tried all connection speed. Low, middle and fast (I have a 400mBit Connection). No way. It's somewhat unstable and very beta.

Driving around in Testing mode is boring after all.

Fix it, I will return next year.

Bye.

You must be having a very isolated experience as no one I know nor myself have had their game crash joining servers since the 2b update that came out days ago. Also the speed settings only refer to karts visible and does not affect ability to join servers

Isolated or not - for me it is nearly impossible to join a server. Sometime the game doesn't crash, but I always get a time out promptly. I run a Highend PC with fast 64gb mem and Titan X Pascal Graph, and drive with Oculus Rift. Maybe the Rift is the reason, I don't know.....

Maybe it's less isolated but the other day myself and 8 other friends raced together on 3 seperate tracks/ servers one even had a rift and no ones game ever crashed the only person who had a time out was once while an Aussie attempted to join. This was hosted by myself via the game not via a dedicated and we had a variety of quality of computers joining some people even left and rejoined part the way through

jack14

Quote from: Dalle8 on March 21, 2013, 02:31:08 PM
When I try to enter the 'World' in multiplayer i get the message: "Invalid login: Please register"

Where am I to register?  :)
same

jack14

Quote from: Dan Buck on March 25, 2013, 12:27:56 AM
it's still says "Invalid login. Please register"
what should i do? it's boring to keep hotlaping all alone! :(
same

Raise

Quote from: jack14 on January 17, 2018, 09:59:35 PM
Quote from: Dan Buck on March 25, 2013, 12:27:56 AM
it's still says "Invalid login. Please register"
what should i do? it's boring to keep hotlaping all alone! :(
same

Quote from: jack14 on January 17, 2018, 09:58:26 PM
Quote from: Dalle8 on March 21, 2013, 02:31:08 PM
When I try to enter the 'World' in multiplayer i get the message: "Invalid login: Please register"

Where am I to register?  :)
same

what purpose did it serve for you to desperately quote 2 5 year old posts? why not just ask the question like a normal person?

cooweb

Can't join friends servers! keeps saying connection timeout when I try and join their server

Raise

Quote from: Minif1 on February 03, 2018, 08:41:34 AM
Can't join friends servers! keeps saying connection timeout when I try and join their server
This has been a known issue for months dude unless they have certain ports open on their router you cant join

eumk2012

I have problem in multiplayer mode with my dedicated server and in "Host World" mode. All work ok, when 1 or 2 players. If players more than 2, we see wrong  numbers on karts and results fixed only for 2 players. It seems like other players not started!

eumk2012

Hi, Piboso!
In multiplayer mode, when switching to the grid for the start of the race, there is often an immediate disqualification with a message "Jump Start".
This happens regardless of whether the throttle pedal was pressed or not. Possibly affected by the state of the pedals at the end of the previous session.