• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:02:34 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

yes neckbrace or no neckbrace

Started by James Beer, October 14, 2012, 07:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

hi guys just wanted to put a question out there

do you use a neck brace or dont you, if you do, do you a problem with wearing one
if you dont why dont you wear one?

i have one but i dont know whether i should or should not wear it

what are your thoughts??????

LauZzZn

i have a leatt brace moto gpx and it is great i havent got any problems

if you have one, you should wear it
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

yeah i have a sparco one but it does restrict you when looking behind  so its kinda like i want to wear one but it does restrict me.
i will probably wear one now its winter just because it keeps your neck warm!lol

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

i know i shouldnt its just habit now!
the track i race on is very tight so sometimes it helps to look back to see if youve got room to go into the proper racing line

Kimzu97

Quote from: LauZzZn on October 14, 2012, 07:49:56 PM
i never look back when karting
And if you have to look back, choose a tight corner where you can move your head just a bit to see behind.

And I have that Sparco's simple neckbrace and I use it only in races.
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Eslotes

Only in race's sometimes.Depends on track and situation,but moostly not.
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

LIAM-36-AUS

i have one its called the 360 device,   its great.  i started wearing it after a few crashes ;D   my club suggested it too.   I think u should wear one because one person at the track if they would'nt of had a brace on they would be in a wheelchair but still sometimes in Practice sessions i dont wear it if there nobody on the track but at racedays i do, definitley ;)

Dan Buck

i particularly hate it! i cant move my neck the way i feel confortable when wearing it! :(
but it gives you much more safety indeed, especially when flipping over!
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: Dan Buck on October 17, 2012, 03:48:35 AM
i particularly hate it! i cant move my neck the way i feel confortable when wearing it! :(
what kind of Neck brace do u have dan?   unlike the Sparco ones witch we call Donuts ;D   witch are just a round thing woth some foam in it i have a full racing driver one witch are a bit better the the Sparco ones because you can turn your head more and it allows a bit more room to move ur head and its adjustable were the Sparco ones u have to buy different sizes(sorry to Intrepid and Kimzu)I might get a Photo of mine to show you what mine looks like  ;)   

GhostriderPl

Word!  I hate it too....i drive now for over 20 Years and i wear it ONCE! because i have too  ;)
i think it should be like it was years ago in Germany or in Italy....The Junior Classes MUST wear it....and in the upper classes you can choose if you are 18 Years old.....I dont know how its now because i drive in upper class in other countries  ;)

But like i say : I HATE IT  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Diddy4957

It depends, I personally dont wear one as I never found mine comfortable. I drove 5 laps with one on came into the pits and gave it to my mechanic and then went out again. Other people like them, and they are good to wear if you can use one. If its comfortable for you then it is a good idea to wear one as it does protect you from wiplash. However the sparco neck brace you described isn't a very good neck brace. It is more a support to help if you crash, as aposed to a proper neckbrace, my friend crashed with one and still got wiplash. If you want a neck brace its better to get something like a leat brace, or a 360, which are designed to be proper neck braces (like a hans device in F1), only for karting.

Dan Buck

Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on October 17, 2012, 05:07:02 AM
what kind of Neck brace do u have dan?   unlike the Sparco ones witch we call Donuts ;D   witch are just a round thing woth some foam in it i have a full racing driver one witch are a bit better the the Sparco ones because you can turn your head more and it allows a bit more room to move ur head and its adjustable were the Sparco ones u have to buy different sizes(sorry to Intrepid and Kimzu)I might get a Photo of mine to show you what mine looks like  ;)   

yeah, when i used to race, these HANS style neckbrace didn't exist, so i was talking about the donut one! hehehe
i never had the opportunity to test these HANS ones, so i can't leave my opinion about it! but the donut is TERRIBLE! bleehhh

:D
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

Jakob98

I hate it but have to have it for my parents  >:(

Jakob98