• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:41:44 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloudheaven

Quote from: Nitrox on February 04, 2012, 02:10:36 PM
Wow Lonato? Looks very nice! Looking forward to seeing one of your tracks in KRP :)

Yes, it's my GPS version of Lonato, with 3D modeled negative curbs, like the real thing!

Nitrox

I'd really like to try this, but i think we have a good lonato track. Would be nice anyway ;)
Gmotor2 means it's an rf track right? So your existing tracks could be converted to KRP?

Cloudheaven

Quote from: Nitrox on February 04, 2012, 05:13:21 PM
I'd really like to try this, but i think we have a good lonato track. Would be nice anyway ;)
Gmotor2 means it's an rf track right? So your existing tracks could be converted to KRP?

gMotor2 means ISI and then F1Challenge, Race 07, GTR2 and rFactor.
I think too that we have a very good version of Lonato, but for example
doesn't have negative curbs like the real track, they make a big difference in feeling and drive,
plus the internal curbs are a little more tall in reality, the profile is different, the KRP version has totally different curbs.

photo 1 the profile of the internal curbs, photo 2 the external ones (at the exit of every corner)

laraarsa

When i convert all the textures from dds. to tga. should i then delete the dds files?
I'm trying to get a track converted, but I make little progress...

Nitrox

Cloudheaven, i'd really like to feel the difference ;) there are one or two tracks with negative curbs, they are quite difficult to drive. Somehow you have very less grip on them in KRP.

No need to delete dds files, you have to map tga textures to every material anyways. Just follow the guide from first post.

Cloudheaven

Quote from: Nitrox on February 06, 2012, 01:41:56 PM
Cloudheaven, i'd really like to feel the difference ;) there are one or two tracks with negative curbs, they are quite difficult to drive. Somehow you have very less grip on them in KRP.

No need to delete dds files, you have to map tga textures to every material anyways. Just follow the guide from first post.

There is Kerpen that has a nice 3d modeled negative curbs, that in fact it's a conversion by a gMotor track  :)

Nitrox

Yeah i meant the difference between lonato tracks ;)

laraarsa

I use 3ds max 2011, but there is no max plugin for the 2011 version. Is this a problem?

Cloudheaven

Quote from: laraarsa on February 06, 2012, 02:22:24 PM
I use 3ds max 2011, but there is no max plugin for the 2011 version. Is this a problem?

Dunno, i've taken the 2010 version to avoid this type of issue!

Nitrox

Use the latest exporter, it should work from my experience.

robby

i use the 2011 version and had no problems so far :D
later robby

Racehard

Cloudheaven

Quote from: Racehard on February 06, 2012, 10:44:23 PM
Cloudheaven your are a talented track creator  :)

Thank you, now I want to enter in the world of KRP tracks! :)

laraarsa

Every time I try to get my track into 3ds max it gives me the error: 'unknown sytem exception' What could cause
this error. I really want to get the track converted...

EVO

Your are using 3ds max 2010 32 bit, with all the scripts, plugins, hardware shaders etc?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website