• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:06:28 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxrod

sorry tried the track and error on loading problem with centre line.

dibu

December 13, 2011, 10:44:22 PM #226 Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:46:23 PM by dibu
I just had a short look at the track and saw two things:

- The centerline is not closed at all, the first and the last segment are overlapping
- You didn't follow the rule, that the last segment must be a curve

See the attached picture.

Hansen24

Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

dibu

Hi Hansen24,

here is a new .TRP and .RDF file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lm6as2d2yn9y5b

TRP: New closed centerline, last segment is a curve and the first segment is a straight 10m.

RDF: Adapted to the new centerlines long and lat values.
        Added 24 pit stalls, but the first karts have to start outside the pit box, because
        there seems to be problem with the end of the pitlane - I can't help here, ask Schwoni or one of the other track creators.

The track and the timing works, but there seems to be a problem with FFB. My FFB suddendly stops, sometimes in the first lap, sometimes after 3 or 4 laps.

maxrod

I think that at the end of the pit line is the way it joins with the track, over lap the best way to change it would be to cut it and weld it together in 3dsmax, hard to say unless seen in 3dsmax.

whitham69

Im trying to get pembry made by Banger into GPbikes, i converted the model long time ago. Im having issue's when i try to play the track in  game, the models and collsion data is there as i can move the bike, it also sat in the pits so all the rdf files seem to be correct, problem is there i cant see the track. I can see the track/textures in piboso software ie tracked. It like threre no light source. i copyed the skydome edf from philip island to pembry folder.

do these edf have the light sorce and have to placed in an xyz cord
When you export the .map and .trp there light values, i left these alone and it 1/1/1 is this correct
Do i have to add a light sorce in max before i export?

Sorry to ask here at a kart game but piboso software and conversion are the same for both games.

Nitrox

December 18, 2011, 12:26:18 AM #231 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:28:15 AM by Nitrox
You need a .amb file! You can copy it from another track (and modify it, if necessary).

whitham69

yeah that was the issue, added amb file works like a treat, not sure how i missed that

Thanks

Nitrox

Quote from: whitham69 on December 18, 2011, 01:51:02 PM
yeah that was the issue, added amb file works like a treat, not sure how i missed that

Thanks

Great :)

whitham69

anyone had issue with exporting the edf.  I done it once and all the models showed in tracked and map viewer now when i do it i just get green square.

whitham69

December 18, 2011, 09:06:43 PM #235 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:08:32 PM by whitham69
Strange bug, done a reinstail of max and edf plugin and it now exporting like it did before. 7 hours to export a trp file :'(  All i needed to change was the fence prefix and remove the Rfactor timing models

EVO

yeah sometimes you have to just sort of "reinstall" the edfexporter.
i was having this issue. It does take hours maybe three for my 3ghz dual core PC, should not take 7 hours unless you are using a MAC notbook or something
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

whitham69

December 18, 2011, 10:51:20 PM #237 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:58:49 PM by whitham69
I got an i5 core, but the 7 hours was trying to export the trp file before i reinstailed. the .map exported fine just the trp for never this time some reason.

piboso software pretty good, im surprise how easy it was to add the track, we had problems with the lap timing untill we tryed a desperate attempt and use - figures, scaling was wrong but i use racehard guide that was a 2 minute job. we complety missed the amb file :P. Were not up your standereds yet burt this is the first track we added with the tools, this beta release has lot more option than i could add beofore. Alot more learning to do by us, It nice there somewhere else which is converting in this format, The two of us have struggle for the last few years on our own bring crappy mod to GP bikes with not tools.

whitham69

Afew years ago i converted a track which is alot like your russainring go kart track, i had no idea it was a proper track, think it the 1st out of the 3  layout in the vid. I must have the max file somewhere for it on one of my 5 hard drives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A08NUtMJ9A&feature=g-upl&context=G28e83a3AUAAAAAAABAA

whitham69

This exporter really is pot luck :'(, another 7 or 8 hours wasted on this

how you guys are not having issue with it is beyond me, Read this whole thread twice, only thing i not done is resize the .bmp