• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansen24

Ive tried running with win xp (service pack 3) still doesnt work
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

Schwoni

i never rename them. only if this object should have a shaddow then i use SHAD Prefix

Schwoni

Quote from: Hansen24 on December 07, 2011, 09:51:36 PM
Ive tried running with win xp (service pack 3) still doesnt work

we also have had this because too big textures piboso say that`s not the reason but we changed all resolutions max. 1024 x 1024 and after this it have worked. But maybe it is another fail, we have had so much, but the most we talked about in forum.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hansen24 on December 07, 2011, 09:38:06 PM
32 bit

The exporter uses a lot of memory so, when the scene becomes more complex ( or the textures bigger ), it can run out of memory on 32 bit systems.
Unfortunately the only solution at the moment is to use a 64 bits OS for exporting.

EVO

December 08, 2011, 12:09:30 AM #199 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:13:27 AM by evo1087
what are some reazsons TrackEd and MapEd wont open a exported track?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

maxrod

I found the best way on 32bit is to save track shut down 3dsmax start it up then export track, to view in tracked delete the two files first.

EVO

what do mean delete the to files first.  Delete them and export new ones then try agian?

maxrod

when you open up tracked it writes files, your track, tracked, e3dlog i find if you delete these before opening. then you should be-able to open tracked, exporting the track from 3dsmax is touch and go hope there will be a fix, as this is a pain.

Hansen24

Quote from: PiBoSo on December 07, 2011, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: Hansen24 on December 07, 2011, 09:38:06 PM
32 bit

The exporter uses a lot of memory so, when the scene becomes more complex ( or the textures bigger ), it can run out of memory on 32 bit systems.
Unfortunately the only solution at the moment is to use a 64 bits OS for exporting.

Is it possible to temporiali change to 64 bit and then back after the export??
KZ2

maxrod

You could try the exporter 64bit then let use know how you got on, but i think you would need 3dsmax to be 64bit as well as your windows os.

PiBoSo

Quote from: maxrod on December 08, 2011, 05:34:11 PM
You could try the exporter 64bit then let use know how you got on, but i think you would need 3dsmax to be 64bit as well as your windows os.

Only the operative system must be 64 bits. Then exporting is possible even with 32 bits 3dsmax.

Hansen24

And im dumb as a board when it comes to changing into 64 bit. Ive heard of programs that can change the system into 64bit and then back to 32 bit.
KZ2

dibu

Before reinstalling your OS to 64 Bit, you can also try to use the 3GB option:
Read more about it in the Autodesk forums. I give no warranty ;)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=403786&id=16895646&linkID=16890270

For Win7 32-Bit:

1. Open a command prompt with administrative rights.

2. Type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

3. Restart your PC.

To disable the 3GB option again:

1. Open a command prompt with administrative rights.

2. Type: bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa

3. Restart your PC.

Use it only for 3DS. Avoid to use too much other software. Disable it when your work with 3DS is done.

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/maxstation/making_sure_3ds_max_can_use_all_the_memory_in_a_machine_on_32bit_windows

Hansen24

DIBU!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you :D ive used that 3gb switch once before but i just couldnt remember how it worked xD
KZ2

EVO

December 09, 2011, 11:44:48 AM #209 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:04:33 PM by evo1087
maxrod I deleted the files but both trackEd and maped close immediately maybe not for you guys?
here are my files.
I really want to release this conversion and start new tracks

http://www.mediafire.com/?2wivdibioavbv4imap
http://www.mediafire.com/?5tmif1hr15nbkq9trp

Is TRKBASPH_object01  proper or  Is TRKBASPH_object1??
CROWD or CROWD_?