• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:07:01 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ducatijonny

Hi Maxrod thanks for reply.

I have skybox dome very small in middle of track, guess I can delete this?.

Also have skyibox with background on, I have found textures manually and assigned them but its cutting across a hairpin.

Should I delete both these objects and there materials?

Kind regards.

maxrod

Yes delete these as you will use krp skybox, The other material across the track was probably a check point from rfactor, All you need is the track you are converting as you will create check points ect in krp tracked, Keep going you will get there it is no that hard.

Furious

Hi all :) I'n new to KRP forum cause I'm mainly GP Bikes palyer. I want to convert my track from rFactor to Gp Bikes. I have a problem with it :/ Some fragments of the road are totaly black, some are not. All of them has the same texture file :/ The same thing with the grass . What can be a problem ?? I deleted alpha chanel from the tarmac texture, and r-echoose this file in material edior but it's still black . Should I Delete all alpha chanel in all files and then import the track ??

Also I can't find an option in 3dsmax 2010 to delete whole object. For example , skydome. I can only select every triangle, but not a whole skydome. Also with the rFactor technical elements like tarmack walls on the track. Can you help guys ??

Schwoni

just choose select> click skydome and push delete, then u delete the whole skydome. with black parts on asph, are that maybe skid marks? try to delete the black parts or apply another texture on it then u will see what it is.

Arnage

Where are all of the .MAS files? All I've got is .DDS.
Instagram: @Kol_Bailey
http://kolbaileykarting.webs.com/

maxrod

Where are all of the .MAS files?. sorry you will need to explain a little more.

cruzebabuze

Hi everyone, i am new to KRP, but i have been 3D modeling, texturing and animating for around 20 years. I just done my first track and everthing seems smooth, but after importing it into the track folder, then i start KRP and load the new track, but i get an error message: Pitline Full. this does that only when i use my new track, if i use the default track it works perfectly. I must be doing something wrong in the Tracked editor or something like that. Is there anyone that has an idea how to fix it? Thank you in advance,

sincerely

Cruzebabuze

Schwoni

have u done centerline in tracked and racedata? this is most if u haven`t done pits.

EVO

Arnage the mas files are in the rfactor track.  using the mas utility us exgract the gmt and dds.  convert the  dds to tga
then in 3ds max load the gmt with the script along with the dds then change all the gmotor textures to stadnard bitmap  tga textures it takes time but it pretty easy
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

cruzebabuze

Quote from: Schwoni on October 04, 2012, 11:55:47 PM
have u done centerline in tracked and racedata? this is most if u haven`t done pits.

Yes I have done the center line, and merge it but I think you are right, I think my pits are wrong, is there any advice on how to make? Thank you

Schwoni

in track creatin guide, or here should be something written about that, i have had problems in beginning, too :)
view racedata, at bottom of racedata windows u see "grids" and "pits" click grids>karts and u created the grids at Start/Finish line. after that u click pits and play with values, important is number of pits, set it to 2 orso, for testing enough. the other values are the position of the pit stalls, if u change nothing ur pit will be in middle of S/F line so just type number of pits: 2 and save racedata then u should be able to test ur track.
Also don`t forget to merge ur centerline and save .trp file.

Piers Prior

sorry off topic but if someone could make a software download that converts all the files for u in that would be sooooooooooo much easier ;)
The world is your lobster

LauZzZn

i have a problem with the convert.
i already converted one track and i worked very well.
but now i want to convert 3 other tracks but it doesnt work.
i have converted the dds files and there are no mas files except sky.
so i open 3ds 2012 go to maxscript open gmt2 importer, add the path where my textures are
click on no smoothing and import the directory of the gmt files.
but now there are 2 ways whats happening:
1. 3dsmax crashes
2. i loads only one texture/gmt file i dont exactly know...
can someone help me ?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

EVO

im pretty sure conversion only works with Max2010 because of the hardwareshaders and scripts all designed for 2010
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LauZzZn

Quote from: EVO on November 17, 2012, 02:14:32 AM
im pretty sure conversion only works with Max2010 because of the hardwareshaders and scripts all designed for 2010

i use 2010
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport