• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:45 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track conversion tutorial rFactor - Kart Racing Pro

Started by Racehard, January 07, 2011, 01:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laraarsa

Schwoni, did you see the download link to the rFactor track? Sorry if I'm impatient, but I really want to drive on the track  ;)

Schwoni

lol u wanna drive on landsard? is that the one from michal boonstra? ask arco i allready have it but it don`t wokr good double material without end gras what u can`t do collidable u always fall through to the square of gras. and u can`t abjust it. The kurbs aro too hig or low. That`s nothing for KRP better build from scratch

laraarsa

whitham69

Im afraid your 2 wheel cousin need abit of help again  ::)

We just released nordschleife and were getting complant about FPS, Do any of your tracks have this amount of objects or polys? The track can be downloaded from http://forums.piboso.com/showthread.php?tid=6if your intrested. it should work on KRP as your tracks run on GPbike, im unsure if a cart could around due to ground clearance.

Have you found any fix's or things that the software dont like?

Scene Totals:
  Objects: 1456
  Shapes: 0
  Cameras: 0
  Lights: 0
  Helpers: 1
  Space Warps: 0
  Total: 1457

Mesh Totals:

Verts: 426061
  Faces: 191463

EVO

February 23, 2012, 01:32:00 AM #319 Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 01:37:00 AM by EVO
Schwoni has tested with over 1 Million.
In max try opotimize mofifier on the large meshes but be careful you would need to inspect the track for holes becasue it reduce poly count
maybe best to do the modifier on the grass ,track and kerbs , I think this will link them, but im not sure.   I use it on al the dashes I make.  Its helped

I also use it on high poly object i import into tracks.

Another way to drastically improve frame rate is to make objects non colidable.
Use invisible walls instead of colliding with high poly object ike tryes and modeled armco.

QuoteTo make an object invisible ( but still collidable ) its name must include the keyword INVISIBLE ( eg: WLLCONCINVISIBLE )

to make a wall
draw a line top view and put a extrude modifier.

this mabybe tedious for the N-Ring but it will help alot unless your walls are already  just simple planes
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

whitham69

Thanks Evo. after getting some more bug reports and doing some bench testing we think it a memory issue more than graphic now. just sat in the pitlane im using gb of ram.

laraarsa

whitham69

i know the tracks can be loaded into both game as the software the same, im unsure if the timing would work i never checked as the kart tracks are little small for the bikes to go around, drop it in the folder if it dont work you can always delete it.

laraarsa

Can anyone please help me with the message?
Here is a new download link: http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=MRP%20Raceway%20Park

laraarsa

Quote from: laraarsa on March 07, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
Here is a new download link: http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=MRP%20Raceway%20Park
Anyone please?

EVO

where is the link for the error. 
Are you using 3dsMax2010 32bit.  It works flawlessly for conversions

laraarsa

3ds max 2011 32 bit. What do you mean with link to the message?

EVO

Quote from: laraarsa on March 07, 2012, 05:02:50 PM

EVO

i think 2010 is best for ractor conversion because the hardware shaders, scipts are all for 2010 3ds bit

laraarsa

Quote from: EVO on March 15, 2012, 08:25:54 AM
i think 2010 is best for ractor conversion because the hardware shaders, scipts are all for 2010 3ds bit
If I have 2011 can I still get 2010?