• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:41 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta6

Started by PiBoSo, March 28, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stark

Quote from: Aritz on March 29, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
There is no doubt, the kart handling is better :)

I 've edited the default set to less rear grip and less caster and the kart is very fun to drive. I wish to have better rear control when the tyres loose grip but I like the new beta :D

The shifter engine has a lot of RPM, doesn't it? 18000 is too much I think... I never see such madness. Once, at the Zuera WSK, First kart engine mechanic, got 16500 max RPM and the people around were stonished!

I agree, the kz engine is revving a bit too high.
And I would REALLY like to have more control when rear wheel braking with kf3 and kf1. Its so much easier in real life. I know its hard to make this perfect, we cant feel the g-forces and the speed like when driving in real life, but this is definitely the most important aspect physics wise. Otherwise it feels great.
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Schwoni

for ur brake problems i use 69% pressure and so u can do nice short full brakes and it feel grat. Marco use only 35% so with this setting u can adjust it .

Today we tested close driving and it is really good now, if u overtake a bit harder so drift in the inside and touch the other side by side sometimes the other kart react a bit too much but no flying or something like that, only a bit too much out but we test more maybe i`m wrong.

Diddy4957

i find the brakes work at 80% in  a KC3 but only once the tyres have done about 2/3 laps, but I still find it very easy to lock up round the two long left handers at Essay  ???

Stark

Quote from: Schwoni on March 29, 2012, 10:09:22 PM
for ur brake problems i use 69% pressure and so u can do nice short full brakes and it feel grat. Marco use only 35% so with this setting u can adjust it .

Today we tested close driving and it is really good now, if u overtake a bit harder so drift in the inside and touch the other side by side sometimes the other kart react a bit too much but no flying or something like that, only a bit too much out but we test more maybe i`m wrong.

Yes Schwoni I know that the braking pressure is adjustable ::) But even when lowering the pressure the back snaps a bit to sudden and violent to make it feel realistic. It should be a bit easier and more controllable to make the rear step out.  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Sam

Falling for kk like

Bruno Saboia

Nice replies. I'm testing it to see if the physics really improved, but if everyone is praising, I hope that this version is good. I really didn't like Beta 5 feel.
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

Diddy4957

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Eslotes

When i watch back the movement of the head is too slow.
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

thats on purpose, so you dont look back so much. It more realistic this way. Before people would look back mid turn.  Thats impossible in real life.  maybe look to the side in corners but never look back.  It maybe that is is too slow, but the whole head turning is great in my opinion

Josi

Quote from: Aritz on March 29, 2012, 09:16:16 PM
There is no doubt, the kart handling is better :)

I 've edited the default set to less rear grip and less caster and the kart is very fun to drive. I wish to have better rear control when the tyres loose grip but I like the new beta :D

The shifter engine has a lot of RPM, doesn't it? 18000 is too much I think... I never see such madness. Once, at the Zuera WSK, First kart engine mechanic, got 16500 max RPM and the people around were stonished!

It's true.
At first I was wrong, I thought it had a new engine sound... in fact it's the different rpm range. Right now the engine goes further, maybe this is the previous situation to the ICA engine  ;)

Racehard

Just had a mismatch while joining  ???

New beta installed.

PiBoSo

Quote from: DontLook on March 28, 2012, 06:11:44 PM
Well i have small problem with this release. Game stopped recognizing all axises of my wheel or to be precise it recognizes 2 axises so i can have analog sterring and throttle or sterring and brake :( . I'm using very simple DIY device witch support 6-axises in windows controller properies they are called: X Axis/Y Axis, Throttle, Rudder, Dial, Slider. In game calibration option display "X" axis and 3 left axises work together as "Y". Tried changing in game files calib.txt controls.txt (copy paste from old game verison) but didn't seem to go anywhere with that.

Could you please try the Beta6b patch? http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/kart.exe
To apply it, overwrite kart.exe in Kart Racing Pro installation folder.

Racehard

Rye House is a great track, super fun with the shifter.
Thanks  :D

EVO

Could you please try the Beta6b patch? http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/kart.exe
To apply it, overwrite kart.exe in Kart Racing Pro installation folder.

sweet thanks!