• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:09:31 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Tyres

Started by RevTurk, March 27, 2012, 04:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RevTurk

I'm not sure how the tyres in karting wear, all I know from F1 is soft tyres are fast but wear quicker and hard tyres last longer. Will soft tyres drop off with wear? If they will comfortably last a race why would you use hard tyres? How would you use your tyres during practice, qualifying and racing?

The Iceman Marco

I always use soft tires because they're faster. I don't know how it's with drop off etc. I never tested it, but I think it's the same as in real and F1.

RevTurk

My main reason for staying away from softs so far has been to avoid the marbling on the track crashing the game.

Diddy4957

beta 6b has fixed tht problem so you dont need to worry  ;)

RevTurk

How long would go kart tyres last? When should I think about changing them? Should you use one set for qualifying, one for practice and another set for the race? Or should you use one set for all 3?

The Iceman Marco

Every session I should do new tires.

Diddy4957

as you get a new set for the next set of races you may as well use all the ones you have  ;)

JamieP

I personally find that the soft tyres come on quicker but also drop off quicker, especially in hot weather. If you are only running races of 5-6 laps, it wont matter but when running 15-20 lap races, the hard tyres are the way to go. Much more consistant over a full race. I find that in cool weather, the soft tyres are fine

Nathan Dunnett

In real life I believe they use a new set for practice, then a new set for qualifying and heats, then a new set for the final. That's how it's done in Australian CIK anyway. You shouldn't have trouble with a set of tyres going off over a race distance from wear. Over heating maybe, but if that's the case I'd be revising driving style and setup. In real life you want the softest tyre you can get simply because it's faster, which is why most series have control tyres.

Diddy4957

in WSK and CIA/FIA its 6 tyres for quali and the heats and a new set for the finals

Sam

to do a flying lap you just put 1L of fuel and soft tyres + the rest of your setup

Falling for kk like

Serega

Please tell me the correct working temperature range of tires. For example, kc3?

Serega

If I know, when we reduce the tire pressure - he weaker warming, but in game the opposite.

Schwoni

yes it is wrong ingame but the most here say that is real :D the bst temp is arround 60° ATM i think.

Serega

July 22, 2012, 08:07:04 AM #14 Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:10:10 AM by Serega
I dont know. But I read, what the pressure in the tires are cold in the beginning should not be different from the pressure in the hot tire at the end of more than 2 psi (0.14 bar). The big difference is achieved ingame  when the temperature of the tires up to 50 degrees. The truth is not the fact that the game reflects the real situation. After all, when I reduce the pressure in the tires to reduce the difference in pressure and temperature, then nothing happens - the temperature rises and the pressure difference increases, too. Piboso need a lot of work on their brainchild, I think...