• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:24:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

[Release] Es Course

Started by Aritz, February 13, 2012, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Thank you for the support! Yes, grass is the only terrain which is feasible right now. Sand will be a trap if you pass through it.

But in this case, the most similar terrain is the grass. Es Course has dry grass all over the track (I can't choose between dry/fresh grass to simulate the dirty tyre, KRP always paints fresh green grass blades when you go out of the track). You cannot see it because you have the 3d grass disable :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on July 02, 2012, 09:03:08 AM
Thank you for the support! Yes, grass is the only terrain which is feasible right now. Sand will be a trap if you pass through it.

But in this case, the most similar terrain is the grass. Es Course has dry grass all over the track (I can't choose between dry/fresh grass to simulate the dirty tyre, KRP always paints fresh green grass blades when you go out of the track). You cannot see it because you have the 3d grass disable :)

Have you considered SOIL material?

Aritz

July 02, 2012, 11:03:09 AM #62 Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:08:29 PM by Aritz
Not in this track but I tested on villarcayo and I liked it :) The grip losing is quite realistic (grass is too much in my opinion) But there is a problem, the "smoke" when you go out is white  ;D

An improvement of the available terrains will be interesting! I am dreaming maybe, but snow, gravel, dirt (this track) or mud will be awesome to have. Dirt and mud might be the same but with different weather :)

Gravel I think is a must, many tracks has gravel as kart stoppers and sand is not the same feeling. Sand is a trap, both here and real, and gravel should be the best choice; massive time losing but you can exit from it to track.

Dry grass should be easy to simulate, I think only grass texture on the tyres has to be changed to a yellow blades and maybe less difference between dry and rain (which is too high now, wet grass is not ice!)

EDIT: Soil will be the right choice :)

oppolo

KRP always paints fresh green grass blades when you go out of the track). You cannot see it because you have the 3d grass disable :)

ah ok, yes there is grass  ;D

the kart gets stuck also because there is a step between grass and tarmac

Aritz

Ups, you were right. I didn't understood you  :P

I will try to fix it  ;)

Aritz

It is almost finished! A few fixes more and it is over!

The track is very fun with wet conditions, is not easy to keep the speed  ;D

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 02, 2012, 10:54:11 AM

Am I getting crazy or now the smoke is like the grass material, brown??? Which is the grip difference between grass and soil?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on July 05, 2012, 06:23:02 PM
Am I getting crazy or now the smoke is like the grass material, brown??? Which is the grip difference between grass and soil?

Soil uses the same particles effect of grass.
The material has more grip and more rolling resistance than grass.

Aritz

johnsonracing

Hey guys,

I dont want to be complete idiot but I have a few questions. I couldn't where this tab is located; but I have everything loaded and have the full licence. I have a few tracks downloaded but I'm not how I did it. I do know it downloads a zip file but what do I do from there? I really wana test the track you just made. Maybe if you could give me a few steps to try that would be great!!

Thanks,

Michael Johnson

Aritz

this track is not available yet but others can be played extracting
the files to a "tracks" folder. Create it in your krp folder if you donĀ“t have it

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on July 02, 2012, 10:54:11 AM

I've tried with SOIL but grass don't grow  ;D

Aritz

EVO

I notcied two mesh triangles out of place by the pit entry
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website