• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:31:29 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Beta 6

Started by Aritz, February 02, 2012, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

I still feel the inertia problem, it is better but not perfect.

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1040.0

Fr33z3 X

Most chassis skins choice and possibilty to upload personnal helmets on servers  :D
IA players on KRP ?? A best simulation !!

Eslotes

Quote from: Fr33z3 X on February 19, 2012, 10:53:48 AM
Most chassis skins choice and possibilty to upload personnal helmets on servers  :D
1+
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Cloudheaven

Quote from: Fr33z3 X on February 19, 2012, 10:53:48 AM

+1

Sam

any updates i know it takes time i just want to see a pic of the motor maybe video i dont mined if its a wip motor a looks a bit crap just want t see it im not asking u to hurry just to show wat you have so far if not started to build the motor then just put it when ever your ready to.

Falling for kk like

EVO

What color will the ICA numbers be? I want to make my actual kart have the same color numbers because I am making my engine driect drive.   Please dont say pink or purple.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Nathan Dunnett

Quote from: ENNKT on February 14, 2012, 07:40:11 PM
In reality, when taking tight corners, the kart sort of hops, causing steering to "bounce"  This should be in game.  Rfcator 2 has this effect in Formula 3 car, its very immersive. Kartsim will have this too.
This only happens if your setup is not right, the bounce happens because your chassis flexs too quickly. It hits it's maximum flex point mid corner then springs back which dumps the inside rear wheel on the track, then procedes to lift it back up again due to mechanical jack, and dumps it down again on the exit giving you the bouncing effect. Move your seat down/back, you may only have to angle the seat back a bit (move the front of the seat forward a little bit while leaving the top mounts as is, it will move your head and torso down and back).

Hansen24

Quote from: jnl.42 on February 22, 2012, 07:08:33 PM
Quote from: ENNKT on February 14, 2012, 07:40:11 PM
In reality, when taking tight corners, the kart sort of hops, causing steering to "bounce"  This should be in game.  Rfcator 2 has this effect in Formula 3 car, its very immersive. Kartsim will have this too.
This only happens if your setup is not right, the bounce happens because your chassis flexs too quickly. It hits it's maximum flex point mid corner then springs back which dumps the inside rear wheel on the track, then procedes to lift it back up again due to mechanical jack, and dumps it down again on the exit giving you the bouncing effect. Move your seat down/back, you may only have to angle the seat back a bit (move the front of the seat forward a little bit while leaving the top mounts as is, it will move your head and torso down and back).
True true we had that problem in a DSK (biggest championship i denmark) on roskilde karting track :) My mechanic gave me a hard time blaming me with coming too hard into the tight corner. We ended up using a softer rear axle :D
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

EVO

we call it the hops too much rear grip, i think i dailed it out with rear track. but g you cant go any wider i guess axle it next best thing

from http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=534.15
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Atom1kk

after a long brake not playing kart racing i tried the new beta 5. And i hve to say the the controls of the kart got worse alot. In my opinion the rear oversteers to much and this sudden loose of grip in the back is cruel. changing the setup didnt help alot. I think the best physics where in beta 3. beta 4 was also not bad after tweaking the setup. but the actual one makes no fun playing this game. I hope the developer will change this in the next beta

Aritz

Quote from: Atom1kk on February 23, 2012, 08:41:01 PM
after a long brake not playing kart racing i tried the new beta 5. And i hve to say the the controls of the kart got worse alot. In my opinion the rear oversteers to much and this sudden loose of grip in the back is cruel. changing the setup didnt help alot. I think the best physics where in beta 3. beta 4 was also not bad after tweaking the setup. but the actual one makes no fun playing this game. I hope the developer will change this in the next beta

Have you deleted the Piboso folder from My Documents before the instalation? Old setups are uncompatible with the last beta!

I am faster now than ever and that is because I try always to drive the kart like real one, so the Beta5 is the best for me by far :)

Sam

yer aritz is right atom1kk your just used of the game being a computor game and not so real in beta3 but now the game is relistic it is weird to you i think you just need to get used of it since not played in a while and have little remberence of the game

Falling for kk like

Nitrox

Atom11k I first thought the same, but follow thos guide:

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1085.0

I use a modified version of this setup (mainly for ks1). (Ackerman min and Caster 12).
This makes it pretty much like Beta 4 I think. The rear is much less nervous.

Sam

back to beta 6 any progress ohh btw piboso that new 4 stroke well today my dads go-kart shop flatout karts got one in because somebody wants to promote the class its funny because we have no 4-strokes over in WA so its just a great coincidence btw my dad said you have good engines all you need is a cadet class you should use the mini rock its the most popular and he said maybe a junior class or clubman and then the game needs some tweaks on the handling of the kart because its not perfect you have got it so good but its just got that weird thing maybe because you don't have the tire's we have and we don't know what tire to run on that class but definately put a cadet in to make it more appealing for kids like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falling for kk like

PiBoSo

A little update on Beta6:
- optimized the collisions code that causes slowdowns on some modded tracks since Beta4
- fixed a random crash
- fixed a bug that generates corruption of dynamic track surface
- made netcode more solid
- added a "Free Roam" camera to replay

Beta6 will also add partnership with AIM.