• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:16:34 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5

Started by PiBoSo, January 05, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eslotes

PiBoSo cant connect to the servers.
On aritz server wating it says Connected after few minuts its Data mismatch
other server Bierbudden 2 Pitlane full.
Solution?
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 06, 2012, 11:33:17 AM
Quote from: Aritz on January 06, 2012, 11:20:18 AM
I am editing the default set to avoid the oversteering. Now the seat has to be moved to negative values to improve the handle. With that and a little bit less caster, the kart has a good handle after 3 laps :)

I need more laps yet.

"Negative values" = back? Probably the front tyres have too much grip. And to give more feeling to the kart probably tyres need to be more "forgiving" past the optimum slip angle.

Front tyres has now very good grip and this must not be changed. Real karts has very good front grip even in wet. In my opinion the problem is not the grip itself but the grip loosing curve. The grip stability has to be improved; rear drift has to be easy to do and to mantain.

Aritz

Quote from: Eslotes on January 06, 2012, 12:36:44 PM
Solution?

Pitlane full is because the server has to be restarted.

Are the ports changed? Which ports have to be opened? I have opened 10600, 10601 and 10610, are they enough?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Eslotes on January 06, 2012, 12:36:44 PM
Solution?

To solve data mismatch please try to do a clean installation.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on January 06, 2012, 12:32:19 PM
I am improving the setup for my style of driving:

Wheel 180 degrees (as real karting)
Caster 10
Camber -5
TOEin 1
Front Height 2 / Pressures 0,70 / Track width 1215
Rear height 3 / pressures 0,75 / Track width 1375

Chassis:
Axle 50mm SOFT
Front bar out, front bumper tight
mid bar out, side bumpers tight
rear bar out, bumper loose
Seat horizontal -5 (backwards)
Vertical -2 (less radical, better drifts)
Stays 4

Try those values and tell me if you like them. I am seeking good entry (good front grip) and good drift capability (real karting has)

Everyone who has problems with oversteer, try this setup. I just tried it, it has no oversteer at all, but very much understeer. I think it's to much.

I only did a few laps, and I felt it's to much understeer for me to drive. If you have the same you can try to increase the front track width, that can help to decrease the understeer. You should know that you can possible get a bit oversteer if you increase it a lot, but it can't be much, so it should be perfect I think. Another thing when you increase the front track width is, on cold tires the understeer is more but after 2-3 laps when the tires are warm you should have less understeer.

Aritz

Understeer? I was using KS1 on Essay and I had not understeer at all  ???

anyway, I have tried now seat forward (+5) and less caster (5) So more front grip and less radicalism. I think is interesting value too... There are a lot of combinations to test yet ;D

Aritz

I have a suggestion Piboso:

Can you open a server for everybody? OPEN class and practice, rotative track.

You could see the problems if they are.

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on January 06, 2012, 01:18:11 PM
Understeer? I was using KS1 on Essay and I had not understeer at all  ???

anyway, I have tried now seat forward (+5) and less caster (5) So more front grip and less radicalism. I think is interesting value too... There are a lot of combinations to test yet ;D

I drove with FS250 on Essay. Yesterday I did with my own setup, and with your setup I have understeer while my own setup has a bit oversteer.

The seat forward is much better I think, I have the same. That can be a way to increase the front grip aswell instead of increasing the front track width. But caster 5? :o

Aritz

I am using 180 degrees of wheel setup (Logitech profiler value) So I barely move the wheel to turn and high caster with high front grip is very complicated to handle. How many degrees are you using?

The Iceman Marco

January 06, 2012, 02:04:17 PM #39 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:06:17 PM by The Iceman Marco
I don't know how many degrees if have. I have never changed it, so it should be standard, maybe 270?

PiBoSo

January 06, 2012, 02:24:08 PM #40 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:31:32 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Josi on January 06, 2012, 10:57:13 AM
Really nice Beta but problems with lag in some tracks. Since Beta 4 it's impossible for me to stay on the track because of the lag... in Amsterdam Indoor it's not possible to start even.

The problem with Amsterdam Indoor is the abuse of triangles.
The collisions code could be optimized, but please compare it to a properly made surface.

Eslotes

First bug found by me.
When im tucking my right hand goes in the wheel.
Cant upload image anywhere :(
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

laraarsa

kramarsk

I`v kill sudden power on oversteer by put mid bar vertical and front bar vertical also. Everything another tight and flat except rear bar.  In real racing I never use mid bar at all, and front bar very seldom. It seems like the frame too loose and inside rear wheel  take too much time in air.
In KS-1 I can`t to downshift fast without bleeping or several (half) pushing the throttle. In real KZ-2 this is happening when too much rear braking bias. If I make more front brakes, braking zone is increase very much, but I can`t anyway downshift fast. It`s look like a too much engine brake torque comming to the gearbox... or it`s I am making something wrong.

JonnyH

i can't get the fs250 to the track. clean install, retarted several times. i can see the kart and pick it for testing but when i get to the track i'm using a diffetent kart. any ideas?