• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:46:13 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5

Started by PiBoSo, January 05, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: kramarsk on January 10, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
I have much crushes also. Even not in online.

This is a known problem under investigation.

Birddogg66

I really like the driving part of this Sim and IMO is always the most important thing overall!! On a lesser note though the GUI and Menus are kind of drab and could be spiced up a little with some better colors the Grey just does not make my eyes pop and say this looks cool. Track layout discription screen could be dressed up. Also things do not seem like they want to load very easily and your orange arrow cursor may have a problem. It almost makes you think that the program has locked up and at times it has. Overall I give you a lot of credit for this title and your focus on the most important part but the is nothing wrong with it looking real nice and loading smoothly.
Not being the only one involved with the development of kart Simming at this time the extra touch's may end up being important!!!
Good luck and best wishes for this and your future!!!

EVO

Birddogg66
extract the UI.pkz in Kart Racing Pro installation folder and edit the the .tga files to your liking 
I am interested to see your vision for a new UI
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LooseEqualsFast

January 16, 2012, 03:21:34 PM #93 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:27:42 PM by LooseEqualsFast
Here's my 2c. I dont have a lot of time these days, so far ive just driven the KC1 and KC3 at lonato on hard tyres.....

Really enjoying this sim. The forcefeedback gives a good idea of what the kart is doing, especially when it starts to understeer/push.
The inertia still feels a little off. Sometimes the rear spins out from a tiny slide that would barely be worth correcting in RL. Seems to happen just at or beyond the apex of tighter bends. You can compensate with chassis setup settings, but then you have an understeery kart that feels a little bound up. Would be nice to get that balance on the exit of the turn where the rear end is just at its limit from the apex to the exit kerb where you can almost hold the wheel straight, David Fore style!

Overall though, again, I really enjoy driving this.
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

Birddogg66

Quote from: EVO on January 16, 2012, 07:12:15 AM
Birddogg66
extract the UI.pkz in Kart Racing Pro installation folder and edit the the .tga files to your liking 
I am interested to see your vision for a new UI
Fair enough but I have not done this kind of thing in quite some time guess I'll fire up My XP PC since I am best with it's version of Paint LOL. Have not done any work with illustrator in a real long time!!!
:)

LooseEqualsFast

January 16, 2012, 06:28:20 PM #95 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:50:59 PM by LooseEqualsFast
Actually Iv'e been having stability issues with it too. Sometimes after changing a graphics setting (resolution or anisotropic filter level) for example. Ill make some notes on when this is happening, the error message that occurs and report back. Specs on PC....

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit
Q6600
4GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GT
Logitech G27
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

Birddogg66

Okay I tried as you suggested with no luck on the UI,pkz File I have no software to deal with this and could not take a screensot of the pages to do some graphical editing on. Maybe you could post some workable image files of the UI content to your forum users and wet their appetiete with some kind of benefit if their work is used. It's done all the time and allows you to focus on the more important things!!

EVO

January 16, 2012, 08:10:18 PM #97 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:40:38 AM by EVO
download the free 7zip.  Right click UI.pkz then open with browse to 7zip app in prgramfiles.  make sure you click set to always open with 7zip and it wil extract it.  To edit the .tgas in the UI folder use gimp it is also free.

EVO

Are steering wheel centers paintable. must perfect CRG 2012

PiBoSo

Quote from: EVO on January 25, 2012, 06:41:10 AM

All textures are technically paintable.
But the center of the steering wheel is packed with other kart parts.

Rupe W

January 25, 2012, 12:39:45 PM #100 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:47:22 PM by Rupe W
Hi, Ive a quick question,, did i read somewhere in this site, an explanation of the physics engine and the 6 tubes in the chassis, and we do actually get wheel lift it just that the games graphics don't show it, but telemetry does....

I was discussing kart sim with a freind and i said ive seen this somewhere...bla bla bla...(i was saying how good this game is, and he was telling how good kartsim migh be when its released... )
here hoping i can back up my claim....or any info would be good... :-[

And if your up for a visit Mr PiBoSo, drop in at http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/kart-racing-pro.127/ . Laraarsa has got a section up and running and weve sarted a little club with races and hotlaps...
And with the intention of also trying to get gpbikes up and running ;D

EVO

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 25, 2012, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: EVO on January 25, 2012, 06:41:10 AM

All textures are technically paintable.
But the center of the steering wheel is packed with other kart parts.

So this means that they are located in one of the .edf files and its not as simple as making a 256x256 texture and packing it in the paint like in the past?

Heber Costa

I have the beta 4 version.
When i will make to download the beta 5 version, it is necessary to pay again?

laraarsa

No this is not necessary, otherwise it would be called iRacing :P