• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:52 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5

Started by PiBoSo, January 05, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

January 05, 2012, 10:03:23 PM #15 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:07:17 PM by dibu
Here is a short feedback of my experience with Beta5:

The positiv things:
The netcode clearly improved, now it's possible to fight close and the karts can really touch each other without flying.
There was no crash in chat today.
The influence on the tyres by driving through the grass is more realistic.
The new marvels and their affecting the grip is very good.   
Some other goodies I like:
The wheel stops FFB shaking if you press ESC and continues if you want.
KRP goes minimized to the background if you switch to another application.

And now the dark side: The netcode still isn't perfect if more than 3-4 players are on.
The stability of the dedicated servers is a problem.
Strange connection problems of some players on some servers.
The influence of players with a high ping on the others is still there. The framerate drops drastic.
If someone enters a session, there is still a lag for the others, which let's you end in the walls.

IMO the oversteer starts too sudden in beta5. I've never seen so many spins as today.

But despite the critics, I'm still very happy with Beta5 and say thank you very much PiBoSo :)

Schwoni

Quote from: Aritz on January 05, 2012, 07:12:54 PM
There are weird problems online:

I can't enter on Dibu's server. Eslotes can't enter on my server but many people can.

I had many crashes when I am serving, mostly when someone enters I think. There is a big lag and after that, KRP freezes. Other time lag/freeze is short and everything goes ok (except the kart against the barrier lol)

After a few laps, I like the new steering. More tests needed of course. But it is quite interesting improvement. Unipro simulation is perfect.

More later :)

with your server i also tried to join it and i haven`t seen a ping so there is a problem.

Schwoni

Quote from: dibu on January 05, 2012, 10:03:23 PM
Here is a short feedback of my experience with Beta5:

The positiv things:
The netcode clearly improved, now it's possible to fight close and the karts can really touch each other without flying.
There was no crash in chat today.
The influence on the tyres by driving through the grass is more realistic.
The new marvels and their affecting the grip is very good.   
Some other goodies I like:
The wheel stops FFB shaking if you press ESC and continues if you want.
KRP goes minimized to the background if you switch to another application.

And now the dark side: The netcode still isn't perfect if more than 3-4 players are on.
The stability of the dedicated servers is a problem.
Strange connection problems of some players on some servers.
The influence of players with a high ping on the others is still there. The framerate drops drastic.
If someone enters a session, there is still a lag for the others, which let's you end in the walls.

IMO the oversteer starts too sudden in beta5. I've never seen so many spins as today.

But despite the critics, I'm still very happy with Beta5 and say thank you very much PiBoSo :)

u are right in all points but i have had one ode internal error while chatting. Netcode much better as u saied touching witout  flying and not so fast broken. There are still a few cm air between the bumpers when u touch the other u can see in the screenshot. Four stroke Drive very good and have a very good sound :) Dynamic track surface now work correct on our tracks too. one question to that so we don`t need the shadern anymore? piboso sayed something about that. so creating a surface in tracken is enough? Shaders only for bump textures?

shifter without rev limiter, chrome on karts, marbles,thuck gesture i`m not sure but i feel a lil bit faster in rev limiter at the end of straight so perfect, all very good things. but i miss the spoiler on my helmet :( now  my paint don`t match to that helmet and have some grey parts.

there i push marco and u see that air between bumper that i mean.

Barlo

Sam

Falling for kk like

Aritz

Quote from: SAMBO72 on January 06, 2012, 01:59:43 AM
what track is this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snM99hiHT6M

Rye House

But the local goverment doesn't allow to open it, there are problems with the paperworks  ::)

Josi

Really nice Beta but problems with lag in some tracks. Since Beta 4 it's impossible for me to stay on the track because of the lag... in Amsterdam Indoor it's not possible to start even.
Another thing... I don't like the sudden oversteer of this Beta 5. The best behaviour of all karts I think it was present on Beta 3.. About the KS1 I have to test it yet to see what's going on with changing gears, especially gearing up. 

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on January 05, 2012, 10:42:44 PM
Dynamic track surface now work correct on our tracks too. one question to that so we don`t need the shadern anymore? piboso sayed something about that. so creating a surface in tracken is enough? Shaders only for bump textures?

Bump map isn't needed anymore to see dynamic surface.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Josi on January 06, 2012, 10:57:13 AM
Another thing... I don't like the sudden oversteer of this Beta 5. The best behaviour of all karts I think it was present on Beta 3.. About the KS1 I have to test it yet to see what's going on with changing gears, especially gearing up.

Are you using the default setup?

Aritz

I am editing the default set to avoid the oversteering. Now the seat has to be moved to negative values to improve the handle. With that and a little bit less caster, the kart has a good handle after 3 laps :)

I need more laps yet.

maxrod

i agree with the overstear it happens just as you come out of the corner and is very sudden, harder to get a clean lap, And when i was on there last night i could not use the 4 stroke i picked it and it still gave me the 2 stroke, i had been using the 4 stroke earlier in the evening it was that i left then came back, Could there be a change to the way the start of a race as all the races i have had people seem to get desqualified on the rolling start and end up with no one to race against.

PiBoSo

January 06, 2012, 11:33:17 AM #26 Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:51:20 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Aritz on January 06, 2012, 11:20:18 AM
I am editing the default set to avoid the oversteering. Now the seat has to be moved to negative values to improve the handle. With that and a little bit less caster, the kart has a good handle after 3 laps :)

I need more laps yet.

"Negative values" = back? Probably the front tyres have too much grip. And to give more feeling to the kart probably tyres need to be more "forgiving" past the optimum slip angle.

The Iceman Marco

The biggest problem is that you can't get enough grip on the rear. The key of rear grip is in the chassis setup with the bars, but that's very difficult and I don't know anything about that aswell. But that's the key to a kart to feel perfect. What you can do instead of that is decrease the front grip which is much easier and almost as a good chassis setup.

Bruno Saboia

Tested KRP beta 5. Yes, the new features are nice, like ducking and so, but I have two complaints:

1 - The marbles in real life don't get so often to the racing line. And marbles aren't really a issue on kart racing, dust is far more concerning, but it is a nice feature anyway
2 - There is now a sunden oversteer which is very strange. A lot of people have complaint about this, and in my opinion the karts are no longer giving you a realistic feel. Since the most important thing in a sim is the physics, I think you should set fixing this as a top 0 priority, PiBoSo.

I have a suggestion: why don't you create a beta team, PiBoSo? That way it should be better to test things before realeasing, it is too much job for just one person.

Thanks.
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

Aritz

I am improving the setup for my style of driving:

Wheel 180 degrees (as real karting)
Caster 10
Camber -5
TOEin 1
Front Height 2 / Pressures 0,70 / Track width 1215
Rear height 3 / pressures 0,75 / Track width 1375

Chassis:
Axle 50mm SOFT
Front bar out, front bumper tight
mid bar out, side bumpers tight
rear bar out, bumper loose
Seat horizontal -5 (backwards)
Vertical -2 (less radical, better drifts)
Stays 4

Try those values and tell me if you like them. I am seeking good entry (good front grip) and good drift capability (real karting has)