• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:35 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KartSim

Started by cnt997, December 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Harris

i told you all... have faith

DjFIL

I saw the video today... that's crazy it's still around.  Looking good I have to admit.  Will have to wait and see where this goes.

Nitrox

Still suspicious until we see the first playable demo...

Cory_Hayes

its going to happen and not to be a dick but I think Kartsim will take a lot of players and or modders away from KRP :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on March 20, 2014, 07:46:54 AM
its going to happen and not to be a dick but I think Kartsim will take a lot of players and or modders away from KRP :)

Is Kartsim going to support modding?

Ryan Harris

from what I know PiBoSo, I am not sure. Zach has not mentioned it.

Birel-Rotax 42

I hope that it lives up to what it has been advertised as. I feel as if they are going to give up handling and physics for the "beauty factor". In my opinion, from the videos I have seen, the models aren't all that amazing at this point, and the chassis flex is over-exaggerated. If it supports modding, I will definitely buy and mod for it, but I think that KRP, if we can fix the bugged setups (30 hard axle being fastest in the full-sized kart) I think that the next focus should be graphical integrity of KRP. That's just my opinion. Plain and simple: as I see it now, it will have so many handling inaccuracies that will take away from the gameplay.

EVO

it does look impressive.  PiBoSo is an awesome brand.  I am very excited for MX bikes especially since GP bikes has been so highly reviewed and compared.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Braden Eves

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on March 20, 2014, 04:48:56 PM
I hope that it lives up to what it has been advertised as. I feel as if they are going to give up handling and physics for the "beauty factor". In my opinion, from the videos I have seen, the models aren't all that amazing at this point, and the chassis flex is over-exaggerated. If it supports modding, I will definitely buy and mod for it, but I think that KRP, if we can fix the bugged setups (30 hard axle being fastest in the full-sized kart) I think that the next focus should be graphical integrity of KRP. That's just my opinion. Plain and simple: as I see it now, it will have so many handling inaccuracies that will take away from the gameplay.

The one kartsim video was launched so long ago it doesnt show an accurate representation, and the 30 hard isnt the end all be all axle, because others can compete just fine with it.

Birel-Rotax 42

Ryan Harris

March 21, 2014, 03:28:19 AM #161 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:31:03 AM by MrShowtime22
As someone that has seen and helped with development, I know how deep Zach has gone when it comes to kart physics and realism. Basically, if you think its all just looks and not about the sim side of the game then your just ignoring the fact that Zach has just exploited the games engine to its potential. One thing that has bugged me about KRP is the lifeless feeling I get when I play the game. As we all know, at real racemeetings there is plenty of life and human activity going on around the pits, and Kartsim is trying to bring this karting atmosphere to us guys as players. And saying that the models don't look that great just makes me facepalm if your comparing the models to KRP. Sure the hubs are not created yet and the polygon count in the suit is not at its highest but thats not the main priority for zach as he wants to get some racing action finally happening. In the next couple of weeks we will finally get the chance to play the game THEN we can give constructive criticism so that we are not beating down someone thats trying to provide the karting community of the world what they are looking for.

And also, Oakleigh is a very bumpy up and down track, so the kart does jump around a fair bit... something we dont see in KRP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWrqHqnVHE

I just dont see how anyone can be so judgmental of a game that could possibly be the game us karters have all been waiting for! We havnt even played it yet! So much potential. So excited. If it lets us down, then so be it. But might aswell be positive about the situation because all I see is everything I could ever ask for, and everything we have been trying to ask for in KRP is in Kartsim.

Im not trying to sound protective or harsh on peoples opinions, and I accept peoples thoughts but lets just play the game and then figure out if we like it or not afterwards :) As Zach said, he wants the community to help him develop the game with him, just like KRP is doing.

(this is not aimed at anyone in particular)

;D

Birel-Rotax 42

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about KRP not having the racing atmosphere. It is just the fact that some of the animations don't make sense (chassis flex that goes through the brake lines, etc.) that makes me feel like it is just a good looking game that may or may not have good physics. I have no doubt of Zach's ability to make a good handling model, but will the kart behave correctly when you are driving for 40+ laps and the tires wear out, it's the little stuff. I am totally going to give it a shot, and honestly am looking forward to modding for it, but the way that it has been presented in the past, it is looking promising, but not as good as KRP. Again, not trying to aim this at anyone, but I am certainly keen to get my hands on it, but it has shown me some things that might not behave correctly. That is all.

Ryan Harris

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on March 21, 2014, 03:42:45 AM
I know what you mean. I feel the same way about KRP not having the racing atmosphere. It is just ...

And I don't blame anyone for being hesitant and etc because of how long it has taken for zach to expose himself to the community, but what you have said is exactly the sort of feedback that zach wants so he can tweak and change the game to be as good as it can be. :) if everyone can give constructive criticism then we have no problems with having a game that we will all enjoy.

And I have talked to zach about the nitty gritty and he has gone into SO much depth its unreal. I just want to get my hands on it.

Birel-Rotax 42

Has he had anything said about creating new chassis and engines or is this still hush-hush?