• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:42:10 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KartSim

Started by cnt997, December 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cross

If kartsim has better game play and attracts more drivers it will do better then KRP. I have not played KRP in months because driving around by yourself sucks! KRP is a sim for modders, they build new shit and try it out with friends then move on to the next build. Maybe Kartsim will be for those that want to drive and race.

Taddzy

^^^ i see your point but common. u dont know that yet do u so do start outing krp down yet
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Cross

KRP has already failed. I no longer play. Sure the physics are great and the kart drives similar to a real kart but other then that there is no point in playing. Right now I would rather pay(and I do) a subscription to iracing and actually race and have competition vs practice all the time in KRP.

James Beer

KRP hasnt failed, it does exactly what it was meant to do which is simulate kart's. Read the overview from the KRP website:

"Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported."

Its not meant to be a massive multiplayer game but to realistically simulate karts while giving YOU the option to play online with other drivers. So im not quite sure why you are saying krp has failed?

PiBoSo

Quote from: James Beer on April 06, 2014, 11:55:29 PM
KRP hasnt failed, it does exactly what it was meant to do which is simulate kart's. Read the overview from the KRP website:

"Kart Racing Pro is a realistic karting simulator.
The aim is to create a software useful as a training tool for real drivers, based on a scratch built physics engine that accurately simulates kart dynamics and setup options.
As such a steering wheel is strongly recommended, although keyboard, joysticks and gamepads are fully supported."

Its not meant to be a massive multiplayer game but to realistically simulate karts while giving YOU the option to play online with other drivers. So im not quite sure why you are saying krp has failed?

He probably means that KRP doesn't allow the organization of proper online races.
Apologies for this  :-[

Cross

April 07, 2014, 12:13:39 AM #185 Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:20:31 AM by Cross
Hard to play with other online racers when there are none. There are what 200 people worldwide that play KRP? Right now midday on a Saturday and a whole 6 people are playing. I am sure it would be half that if it was not for the new release today. It is easier to go to the track and drive my real kart then it is to find others to race with here. All the mods and things you have to do to run this game is what chases everyone away. Karters seem to be some of the least tech savvy people I know and you expect them to download a game then download all these other tracks and skins to play the game? Then to even find how your lap times compare to others you have to search a forum to find the link. There is nothing on the website. It is like you want the game to be difficult and feel very incomplete.

The only thing that keeps most people coming back to this game are new track or kart releases from others. Other then that there is no incentive return. I am sure if Piboso looked at the average length of time someone plays the game after purchase it is a very short period. Why do they leave? The only regulars seem to be the ones on the forums that work on new tracks and karts. Ask anyone at a real track why they keep coming back it is the racing and hanging out with each other. If all it was, was doing hot laps alone no one would stick with the sport.

Cross

Yep, never available on weekends so skwc is out.

As for mods and team speak, I guarantee you each download/step you add after downloading and installing the main game file you lose more people then you keep. I have been playing and working with mods in games longer then you have been alive. I can tell you the vast majority of people will play the slightly less performing game over the one that requires multiple downloads and editing of game files.

Cross

Quote from: DRkarter97 on April 07, 2014, 01:57:24 PMAlso people are not against installing mods if they really were than they wouldn't have bought the game.

Exactly, that is why there are only a few hundred that play this game.

oppolo

Quote from: fmaisonnave on April 03, 2014, 10:29:30 PM
I think KRP have the best simulation of the kart, but a crap interface compared with kart sim, krp will need one more piboso track,  new sounds *example down*,  and a better interface it will be the best sim by far

offcourse actually KRP is the best kart sim, but judging by video, kartsim has something that krp hasn't, tyre hop and lifting the inside rear wheel, look in the replay what happens to the rear axle/wheel during turning

Ryan Harris

and also, it shows at 1:50 that the kart is able to be chucked around properly just like real life. physics. <3

JesusRB

when out kartsim?
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Ryan Harris

Tr!st@n

FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Ryan Harris

blake_hunt

Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER