• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:42:07 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxrod

Have you tried turning off antiallasing in game see if it makes difference as i can't turn it on.

Schwoni

yes i hope this is the only problem^^

Frank Hermann

hey schwoni, i just tested büren and i noticed the fps drop also during T1. But i have no idea where i comes from. My suggestion would be the chain, with this amount of polygons, but you said you tested it already, and there is no effect. So i dont know :(

Schwoni

i delted the chain, the 3d tree, all bushes that are from btb but i delted them too see how to improve them.
but it was and keep the same. i reduced polygons. changed texture resolutions. but no effect. so i decided to start now the ultimate version  with every and most quality detail for that i`m able.
if this is finished i will see how the fps work. Delete objects is the smallest process then :)

Schwoni

someone an idea how to improve fps? it must be the big building with that much windows.  what can i do there exept delete and add a textured 2d wall :)

maxrod

Delete any unseen material, don't name any uncessary objects, as colidable objects slow down fps, Is this the only track you have problems with fps as i don't have a problem, Will test it again.

maxrod

Tested again and there are lots of individual trees in one place are they all collidable , you could try taking some away and maybe a tree wall behind trees instead, I don't think the building is the problem, You could try taken the building out and testing it.

Schwoni

Nitrox

I want to add dynamic track surface to a track i converted. I'd maybe like to add some details via bump map too. However, I'm not sure about what a bump map should look like. Is it just an alpha-channel file like puddles texture? Or does it have to be a modified version of asphalt texture?
For dynamic kerbs etc I'll wait for Beta 5, which will not need a bump map for dynamic surface, right?

Could anyone post an example of bump map and corresponding asphalt texture? Thanks!

Aritz

January 03, 2012, 03:57:04 PM #174 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:59:21 PM by Aritz
This is the file I used (remember to convert it to TGA after your edition)

You should use a better one... This has not very good resolution/detail and the bumps are poor :P Schwoni has been using very good bump texture, ask him!

What is "dynamic kerbs"?

Nitrox

January 03, 2012, 04:03:14 PM #175 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:26:06 PM by Nitrox
Thank you, I will try this!

As far as I understood it, you need a bump map and shader for every texture that should have a drying texture. So I think every kerb would need this too to have a drying surface?

Right now I have another problem, when I try to add marshalls or cameras in TrackED. When the program switches from 2d to 3d-view, I can't see anything more than grey. I know how to move and zoom in this mode, but can't get track to display. In MapView, it works...

Edit: I think I solved it, editing an trp file, created with old exporter, does not work correclty with new trackED.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Nitrox on January 03, 2012, 04:03:14 PM
As far as I understood it, you need a bump map and shader for every texture that should have a drying texture. So I think every kerb would need this too to have a drying surface?

This is will not be needed anymore in the upcoming Beta5.

Nitrox

January 03, 2012, 04:56:32 PM #177 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:18:33 PM by Nitrox
Yeah thanks, this is what it thought :) So I will only create bump for the asphalt, and for the rest, I will wait for the new shader ;)

Thanks to Aritz, dynamic surface works! However, it's much to glossy, I'll habe a look at it tomorrow ;) Thanks again!

Schwoni

January 03, 2012, 06:35:41 PM #178 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:53:19 PM by Schwoni
i wanted to add specular to asph like in essay. i think i don`t understand there something. I added that specular map to alpha channel of asph but first we should delete alpha channel to see shadows and now add something in that alpha channel? specular work but now i haven`t shadows. What should i do?

now i used my old asph texture so without alpha i only have changed that bump texture i tried that bump texture from btb asph original. now shaddows work but i still have specular??
so specular is in bump texture included? i don`t understand this in old versions like u see i use exactly the same shader txt as now only another bump texture. why i never have had specular and now i have?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on January 03, 2012, 06:35:41 PM
i wanted to add specular to asph like in essay. i think i don`t understand there something. I added that specular map to alpha channel of asph but first we should delete alpha channel to see shadows and now add something in that alpha channel? specular work but now i haven`t shadows. What should i do?

now i used my old asph texture so without alpha i only have changed that bump texture i tried that bump texture from btb asph original. now shaddows work but i still have specular??
so specular is in bump texture included? i don`t understand this in old versions like u see i use exactly the same shader txt as now only another bump texture. why i never have had specular and now i have?

Specular map must be added to normal map, not to diffuse texture.