• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:43:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Schwoni

November 13, 2011, 01:24:35 AM #136 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:26:40 AM by Schwoni
you got it?

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on November 13, 2011, 01:24:35 AM
you got it?

Unfortunately there is a bug in the engine. The fix to have visible dynamic groove will be integrated in the next release.

Schwoni

Aritz

Thanks

Any estimated data for the release?

Aritz

The bump channel "effect" is amazing. Can we use it on grass, sands, concretes, kerbs and fences with no big FPS loose?

PiBoSo

November 13, 2011, 10:34:11 PM #142 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:43:27 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Aritz on November 13, 2011, 09:34:25 PM
The bump channel "effect" is amazing. Can we use it on grass, sands, concretes, kerbs and fences with no big FPS loose?

Bump can be applied to any texture. Performance impact is not low, though, so shaders must be used carefully.

Aritz

I am confused with shininess adjustment, is lower value more shine?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 14, 2011, 12:42:35 AM

Shininess should be equivalent to 3dsmax glossiness.

EVO

can tack.tga be added for alternative configurations.

for example
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Thalenberghen

No, it's the other way round. A value of 0 gives the highest level of shininess and when increasing the value the "shine" disappears slowly.
You need to test a bit with the values, but for me a range of 3-12 depending on the specular map gives pretty good results.

Aritz

Quote from: Thalenberghen on November 14, 2011, 08:42:46 AM
No, it's the other way round. A value of 0 gives the highest level of shininess and when increasing the value the "shine" disappears slowly.
You need to test a bit with the values, but for me a range of 3-12 depending on the specular map gives pretty good results.

Thanks  ;)

I am trying to add bump shader on grass and I don't want shininess at all, I want the grass matte, which is the highest acceptable value? Yesterday I tried 20 and it was almost the same as 10

Aritz

Are you sure? Following Piboso's instructions, I found this and 0 should be no shininess at all:

http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/Shininess_Shininess_Strength_Settings__Glossary_.html

(look at the right bottom sphere, it is matt)

Aritz

Quote from: evo1087 on November 14, 2011, 01:58:31 AM
can tack.tga be added for alternative configurations.

for example

It is not how layout system works. You have to create a new track route and its centerline on a existing unmodified track. Example: