• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:20:20 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Aritz

schwoni did it, so my files are not needed :)

we will figure out how to do it again, it was luck lol

Schwoni

November 11, 2011, 09:29:40 PM #122 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:37:51 PM by Schwoni
ok now i have it i think it was the wrong texture that we have used before. evo`s work fine. Now i try it on another simple track. But i wanna do this on all tracks i have converted too. But there i have for example asph1, asph2, apsh3... so different types of asphalt do we have to do for every apsh type a texture and a SHD file ( where are the right names in) ?

:D

Schwoni

i think to see drying kurbs we have to do a shd file with the name of kurb texture right? What about the specualr effect of puddles? they was more shiny before doing dynamic not the are much darker can we set this in SHD file shininess? which values we can type there?

Aritz

Maybe I found the reason for my problem. Before Beta4, you recomend to use a second darker texture for wet conditions (asphwet.tga) I am using the file but I don't find this rule anymore, is it useless with beta4?
If not, should I use two bump.tga and two shd files, one for dry asphalt texture and its rubber and the second for the wet asphalt texture and its drying system?

Aritz

Is important to use capitals instead of small? In creation rules you always use capitals for extensions, but I have them all small.

Aritz

Is working now, at least the drying :)

Aritz

Aaargh, the rubbering is not working  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on November 11, 2011, 09:29:40 PM
ok now i have it i think it was the wrong texture that we have used before. evo`s work fine. Now i try it on another simple track. But i wanna do this on all tracks i have converted too. But there i have for example asph1, asph2, apsh3... so different types of asphalt do we have to do for every apsh type a texture and a SHD file ( where are the right names in) ?

A SHD file is needed for each dynamic surface texture: asphalt, kerbs, lines.
Beta5 will add a new shader to avoid the need for a bump map.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 12, 2011, 05:42:48 PM
Maybe I found the reason for my problem. Before Beta4, you recomend to use a second darker texture for wet conditions (asphwet.tga) I am using the file but I don't find this rule anymore, is it useless with beta4?
If not, should I use two bump.tga and two shd files, one for dry asphalt texture and its rubber and the second for the wet asphalt texture and its drying system?

The rain texture(s) and TXT files can now be deleted, as they are not used anymore.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 12, 2011, 05:45:45 PM
Is important to use capitals instead of small? In creation rules you always use capitals for extensions, but I have them all small.

Everything is case-insensitive.

Aritz

November 12, 2011, 11:39:12 PM #131 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:42:01 PM by Aritz
Sorry for asking but we should change all the extensions to capitals?

Almost everything is working now with small

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 12, 2011, 11:39:12 PM
Sorry for asking but we should change all the extensions to capitals?

No.

Aritz

you written INsensitive, sorry lol

too much track creation today...

Schwoni