• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:29 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Ok, I think I understand it now

Answer me a simple question  ::)

Do I have to take a screenshot of the mapviewer to each side from the reflected object, and use them for the reflections or is there a better way?  :P

EVO

that loooks really good. can it be transparent too?  I like the mirror look too
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: EVO on May 31, 2012, 07:25:01 PM
that loooks really good. can it be transparent too?  I like the mirror look too

For the moment, I've understand how to make the reflections and "how" to map them. My system is very simple and I am sure it is not the correct way... I took 3 screenshots using mapviewer from the window to right, front and left (bottom and up are needed too) and they are reflected quite good, it seems that it works, but... it can't be that crappy way...

I don't think transparent window is a problem, you should use a low % opaccity for the diffuse texture and the reflection will use the specular texture, which is very easy to do using the alpha channel (completely white for a strong reflection, less white for less)

EVO

everything sounds pretty easy excoept the mapview pictures.  how are they intergrated?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on May 31, 2012, 04:51:52 PM
Ok, I think I understand it now

Answer me a simple question  ::)

Do I have to take a screenshot of the mapviewer to each side from the reflected object, and use them for the reflections or is there a better way?  :P

Windows reflections don't need to be accurate. A low-detail, blurred, desaturated, generic landscape with bright top and darker ground should look good in most cases.

Aritz

Yes, I have to use a better way, blurred and low detailed, for avoid this:  ;D

Aritz

Confirmed, the semitransparent (opacity 50%) window texture do the window transparent and the reflections work aswell  :D

EVO

try to give it a little frost look like PiBoSo did at lonato or the doors and wondows frames and stansion and transom bars

Aritz

I think reflections should change with the sky conditions, it is not the same reflected sky when rains  ::)

Schwoni

someone an idea how we could fix that? left is ok right is bad. sunny sky at rainy conditions.

aply a 2nd texture to map channel 2 like the puddles don`t work

Aritz

From the Rules: paint -> LINE (Use for lines at edges of track)

What is the point of the TRK prefix for the LINES? Which is the difference between DECAL_Line and DECAL_TRKline?

non-racing -> OFF_

Where is that rule applicable?

armco -> ARMC

Is this for finish "bridge"? What is its purpose? It is harder of softer than CONC when you hit it?

soil -> SOIL

Any chance to modify the smoke when you pass trough it?

Aritz

I don't like that TRK prefix for the white lines, they become too grey and boring when rains :( Is mandatory to use it?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on July 03, 2012, 01:25:09 PM
From the Rules: paint -> LINE (Use for lines at edges of track)

What is the point of the TRK prefix for the LINES? Which is the difference between DECAL_Line and DECAL_TRKline?

non-racing -> OFF_

Where is that rule applicable?

armco -> ARMC

Is this for finish "bridge"? What is its purpose? It is harder of softer than CONC when you hit it?

soil -> SOIL

Any chance to modify the smoke when you pass trough it?

TRKLINE is an asphalt material that becomes slippery when wet.
DECAL_line is a not-collidable object that still receives shadows.

OFF_ is used to mark the asphalt of concrete parts that are not part of the racing surface. It is used to optimize the dynamic track surface, creating it only where needed.

ARMC is used for guard rails.

Aritz

I am not able to work with the grass_density:

"densitymap defines the density of grass blades. Only red channel is used. White = max_density, black = no grass"

Ok, but how do we map the density? How do the texture works? Each polygon, the whole garden or how?

For the puddles is very easy, we map the file and the puddles are only where we want, but the grass doesn't use secondary channels in 3DMax, so...

I tested with different textures and I am not able to see any difference... Even with a black density map in the red channel texture, the grass is everywhere...

Aritz

I wanted to do that line where you can accelerate when you are doing the rolling start, but I have not information at all... How many meters before the finish line?

Are there more lines to do? (Finish line excluded)