• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Any help or advice? Building glass is not very important, but grass is a big problem

EVO

with glass can you do a texture with gray alpha channel.  This is how i do skid marks and blended surfaces on top of each other. (but u lose kart shadow)

may work great with glass.  You may even want to put glass fog like I saw at Lonato.  Along the edges of the glass
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Thank you, I will try it.

More problems... Why is that awfull shadow of the tyres?

Aritz

Ok, the problem is the low "polygoned" tyre...

I give up with the reflections, I can't fix the problem and I don't understand how to do it better... So, no glasses :p

Aritz

Which is the best way to create the color for the texture? I am using the simplest way; create new, 32*32 resolution, plain color and save as TGA. But then the look of the objects texturized with this plain texture, is very poor, very cartoon looking, and the shadow problem appears.

Schwoni

May 22, 2012, 05:09:49 PM #260 Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:12:05 PM by Schwoni
Quote from: Aritz on May 22, 2012, 12:22:33 PM
Thank you, I will try it.

More problems... Why is that awfull shadow of the tyres?

for me all is fine with that tires. Weird

Quote from: Aritz on May 22, 2012, 03:56:57 PM
Which is the best way to create the color for the texture? I am using the simplest way; create new, 32*32 resolution, plain color and save as TGA. But then the look of the objects texturized with this plain texture, is very poor, very cartoon looking, and the shadow problem appears.

The best way is to create a template, then u can fill with ur color, i always use a bit darker color not so neon^^ and then u can add in this template some scratches or dirt or whatever for used look.

Aritz

so the ugly shadow is because of my graphic card?  :o

it is quite good :(

maxrod

Its not your graphics card, I have had this problem, Try to do them again in 3dsmax.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

Quote from: maxrod on May 22, 2012, 09:18:21 PM
Its not your graphics card, I have had this problem, Try to do them again in 3dsmax.

But he use the same tire as me  ???

Quote from: prostix on May 22, 2012, 07:44:36 PM
what is this track scowni?? :D

The track is a fantasy one that i have done a half year ago, i just finish it now.

Aritz

Well, I did more tests and I think the problem is the way the objects receive the other objects shadows.

This image shows the differences between SHAD_ prefix added to the tyre (from the Track Creation Rules: To force an object as shadows receiver use the SHAD_ prefix.)

and the same tyre without any kind of prefix (not WLL, nor SHAD)

So, the question is. Is my graphic card, a missing hidden value off?
Is the very simple texture, with a plain red?
Or KRP shadows are that way and nothing can be done to avoid that? I could change sun direction and the shadow will not be present, but I like the actual sun position :)

Schwoni

May 24, 2012, 12:18:55 AM #268 Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:42:14 AM by Schwoni
i tried it today, too. but same result i think that exporter calculate the shaddow for every object and not observed shaddows of other objects.

another thing again problems with that CK prefix. my texture is called rim.tga so i called that object CK_RIM.TGA there is a object that is not renamed and all is fine but the WLL that white red plastics appear through the rims. Why?

Is there a limit? because the exporter always crash if the mapfile is more than 300 MB is it possible for future releases to make bigger files possible?

Aritz

Now the reflections are working but please, can you explain how the env.tga and its loaded files works?

What have I do with the env_back.tga, env_bottom.tga, etc? How are they going to be reflected? I don't understand...