• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:27:40 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

[Release] Lydd Kart Circuit (FINAL)

Started by evo1087, November 09, 2011, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

But if you use connect you'll have to move all the new edges by hand to make it smooth  :o

Try adding a turbosmooth modifier first... It's a bit lazy but it will be a lot quicker if you are doing it to all the kerbs!

EVO

Turbo Smooth did a great job added alot of polygons.  Ill test and see if its still drivable

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

I have to attach and weld the kerbs together for turbo smooth to work properly becuase its trying to invery polygonts at the ends of kerbs

EVO

robbo43

Hi Evo,

You've done a fantastic job with this track. I've bought a copy of the game just so I can run it. I have a couple of observations that I hope you can take on board to make this track spot on.

In general, the profile of the kerbs is too steep towards the back of the kerb. Lydd is a place where you can really attack the kerbs to improve your time. Also, when rejoining the track, the back of the kerbs are too high/steep, and you are either grounded or launched into the air. I've been off track at Lydd many times   :D and know you can rejoin most of the track without too many problems.

Also, the bumps into turn 1 (after the start grid) are a little too aggressive.

I can provide further feedback on specific kerbs (i.e. which ones you cut and which ones need to be wider as they are used as the braking zone) if you would find it useful.

Many thanks for all your hard work so far.

Cheers

Rob

EVO

yes i would find this very useful. Maybe if you made a diagram track map this would be best. The kerbs are very hard to adjust without remaking them.  but i can try. 
The hump on the back straight is it accurate or is it more of a hump or less?

robbo43

May 21, 2012, 11:32:32 PM #51 Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:38:04 PM by robbo43
Evo,

Will definately help you out any way I can. I'm away with work for the next couple of nights, but on my return I will try to do as you suggest and use a track map to add comments. i will probably attach stills from youtube videos to illustrate what I can. Sounds like a nice little project for me later in the week  :P

As for the bump on the straight out at the back of the circuit, the rise seems good, the drop the other side needs to be a little more aggressive (or it may be the crest of the bump).

The original video you used to make the KRP vs real life video illustrates quite well how you use the kerbs alot at Lydd. To illustrate the fact that no 2 tracks are the same there is another very good track about an hour from Lydd called Bayford Meadows where you need to avoid most of the kerbs at all costs!!

Cheers

Rob

EVO

yeah when i converted Lydd from GTR2 i updated it based on the Youtube video.  The original track did not have the hump i had to make it.  didn come out as good as I had hoped.  I have any idea for fixing it though.  The kerbs will be very hard to fix. Almost dont want to bother with them.  The GTR2 kart mod you would not get stuck on kerbs.  But KRP is far more realistic so getting stuck on kerbs or low polygon count bumps in the track mesh really have an affect on the kart in game. 

Need to also figure out how to make the track surface look more like asphalt and less like soft rubber while maintaing that groove down the center.

i may do a skid over the track just for the groove

EVO

How is the grass. Some videos i see it is thick and lush everywhere and others it is more patchy and dried. 
How would you rate the overall look minus the bad things you have pointed out

robbo43

Hi Evo,

I think the overall look of the track is very good - the grass varies at the circuit depending on the time of year and whether they've had any moto-x. Sounds like the kerbs will be a nightmare, but it really does affect the drivability of the circuit. I will press ahead this weekend with pulling together a track map with comments and photos.

Cheers

Rob

EVO

robbo43

May 25, 2012, 01:04:23 AM #56 Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:06:37 AM by robbo43
I've just had a thought. I have no idea about track modelling, but would it be easier as a temporary fix to raise the height of the grass in line with the outside of the kerbs (i.e. is it a generic plain which could be raised with a few mouse clicks). I'm guessing that this would make it easier to rejoin the track, and you may be able to be more aggressive on the kerbs without being launched into the air. It wouldn't sort out the profile of the kerbs but would make the track more 'attackable'.

Cheers

Rob 

EVO

robbo43

Hi Evo,

I've completed the track guide. Took me a bit longer to get the screengrabs than I expected, sorry for the delay.

It's too large to attach to this post, can I email it too you?

Cheers

Rob

EVO