• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:31:43 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Too easy to break the engine?

Started by Aritz, July 01, 2011, 10:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Don't you feel very easy to break the engine when you shift down? I broke it many times in the past weeks... I know, the problem is to rev it so much when I shifted down but... so easy?

Eslotes

Yea because when i shift down 4 gears it broke :S
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

The Iceman Marco

Shift down 4 times? I drive most of the time in , 4th, 5th or 6th gear and a few times in 3rd. Well, I know my shifting sucks, but I don't break the engine.

Aritz

There are a lot of tracks which you have to downshift from 6th to 2nd and it is easy to blow up the engine :?

oppolo

never happened, i didn't even know the engine could be broken

GhostriderPl

i dont have this problem too.....and it helps when you dont change the gears to fast.....when you have to go from 6 to 2 then you must do it so that the second gear is right before the apex  ;)  its not easy to learn this but when you want then you can do everything  ;)
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

GhostriderPl

change gears from 6 to 2 in real life without breaking  ;) only without gas....no engine is happy then ;)

Aritz

ghostrider, we know how to drive, thank you ;)

GhostriderPl

dibu

@Aritz,

at which track(s) do you have this problem?

Eslotes

All tracks :) is the engine not the track :)
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

i tried just now to blow up the engine and...it's very difficult. how you can shift down so quickly? do you use paddle like formula 1 for changing gear?
i could be able to blow up the engine only if i didn't brake, if i brake and at the same time shift down as quickly as i can, i can't blow up the engine

Stark

Never had that problem. Cant imagine u shift down that fast in real life either.
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

Aritz

July 03, 2011, 01:29:33 PM #13 Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:33:05 PM by Aritz
The problem is the KS1 engine curve for sure. In the real KZ2, with "standard" carburation, at +15000 rpm (or even lower!) engine will loose the torque and you are forced to change earlier. But in KRP, the engine is carburated very agressive or something, and we can shift up later, near to 16000, so the engine is always at very high rpm. Is my fault, I like to drive the KS1 like my own KZ2 and I don't see the display ever, so I shift down too fast with the engine at full rpm yet... Is not the same to shift down with the engine at 13000/13500 and to shift down with the engine near to 16000 :D

You probably drive the KS1 as it has to be, shifting at 14000 or you wait enough for shifting down :)