• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:18 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track Width

Started by Boris Malinov, June 10, 2011, 06:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boris Malinov

Track Width on real karts is from 138 to 140, if i not wrong, in the game is from 0 to 4.9 this is wrong... PiBoSo please change this is not real...

EVO

yes it would be better if these measurements had real world like amounts.  Instead of just + or - from some unsepcified point
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

The Iceman Marco

I've got a question about the front track width. When I increase the front track width I get more understeer. When I drive in real life and I increase the front track width I get less understeer? Is that a mistake or is it just me?

oppolo

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on June 18, 2011, 10:47:29 AM
I've got a question about the front track width. When I increase the front track width I get more understeer. When I drive in real life and I increase the front track width I get less understeer? Is that a mistake or is it just me?

i tried at bueren in kc1, 0.0 and 4.9. i dont' feel big differences, maybe because i am slow, but i have a little feeling that with 4.9 front track has more grip

The Iceman Marco

Did you change some other things or only the track width?

oppolo

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on June 21, 2011, 09:59:17 AM
Did you change some other things or only the track width?

only the track witdh from my setup of kc1 for bueren with front width 0.0, in next days i will test again and better, i want see if with 4.9 i will make my best time

The Iceman Marco

Ok, I have already a good setup, with camber, caster etc. So maybe that's the difference.

oppolo

tried again this night

with front track width 4.9 i'm faster than with 0.0

with 4.9 the kart is more stable and i feel more grip in the front,

with 0.0 the grip is less and the kart is more unstable and i  can't keep the throttle down as i do with 4.9, but the back turn better  exting to the apex

johnpike

if i'm right the 4.9 setting is 1399mm on a real kart (139.9) and 0.0 setting is 1350mm (135)

PiBoSo

Quote from: johnpike on August 22, 2011, 09:30:17 PM
if i'm right the 4.9 setting is 1399mm on a real kart (139.9) and 0.0 setting is 1350mm (135)

A bit more than that, because rear track width is wrong in Beta3. It will be fixed in next release.