• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:59 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Villarcayo ALPHA 3

Started by Aritz, June 08, 2011, 11:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

The pilot is Jon Tanko, KPR user as you know and Spanish KZ2 champion last year.

Eslotes

He is the "Stig" in spain LOL i like that Helmet x'd
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

so, do you want know how much max speed is here? if so i'll try this night

Aritz

Nitrox

Just tested your track, great work! It's amazing that you built it without testing yourself. For me, there are so many things and bugs I don't see in BTB, but realise when I drive on the track. Keep at it!

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 17, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
you can see how to take the turn:

or it is impossible or i am not able to take it in the right way

the max speed is 126 and this is the brakink point, final drive ratio 16 27

PS: very beautifull track, i like the layout

oppolo

final drive ratio 16 25, vel max 129
here you can see better the braking point

Aritz

Nitrox

Are you using BASPH? For me, it feels like your track has a little less grip than others.

I think a larger gap between the pit positions would be nice. I realised that it is almost impossible with ks1 to start as second kart and not crash into the first kart on the gravel (if first kart is just standing and not moving).

Aritz

few laps done:

Basph is too low, alpha2 will has Asph
The kerbs are all wrong, too high and untocheable, I will redo them
The grey area in the left will be SOIL and no SAND like now. This turn has to be dangerous like in the real track, we have to test different options :P
I will fix the grid like nitrox said
Speed trap will be delayed 20m, thanks to Oppolo and Dibu for testing it.
The intro image will be fixed, thanks to Racehard

Anything else? Conversion is quiet boring job, so please if you remember something to fix, now is the time :D

Nitrox

I didn't mention because you said it is an early Alpha version: At some points on the track, you can see the edges of terrain behind the wire fence. If there are no plans for more plants/trees, you could highten the edges a bit, so you can't see this anymore.

Just some thoughts because you used BASPH: If there are certain passages on track with lower grip, you can split the track objects in different parts and use diffferent asphalt settings. This should be possible in BTB with the following steps:

1. Create surfaces for your track, if you haven't already
2. Select "Material"
3. Check "Set Material" for every surface you made
4. Now you can select different parts of the track (in 3D view) and edit them by moving the surfaces you created. They should now be exported as seperate gmt files.

Aritz

Yes, I knew that method for edit "Material" in BTB :)

About grass endings, don't worry, my intention is to made the track as real as possible, with trees, mountains (I have to learn about background stuff) and little details like real colours, boxes, etc. But now the priority is to make the track.

oppolo

do you need other tests in other turns? or with other karts? tell me, in these days i'm playing only in villarcayo

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on June 20, 2011, 12:47:39 PM
do you need other tests in other turns? or with other karts? tell me, in these days i'm playing only in villarcayo

Thanks, I am working on alpha2, soon I will upload it and then you can test it :)

Aritz