• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:20:39 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Villarcayo ALPHA 3

Started by Aritz, June 08, 2011, 11:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

Amazing work! It's really a lot better than Alpha 1. How did you do those kerbs in BTB? Especially beginnings and endings? Nice textures btw!

Schwoni

Look this video. Tricks -> Ripple strips (22mb)
http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/videos.aspx

And for colour changed the material

Nitrox

Thanks, that's a really cool trick. I even thought of using walls, but I did't think of using a copy of the track XD Maybe it's just suited for less bumpy ripples, unless you want to do hundreds of surfaces ^^ This will help me anyways, thanks again!

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Schwoni

Quote from: Nitrox on June 22, 2011, 07:52:59 PM
Thanks, that's a really cool trick. I even thought of using walls, but I did't think of using a copy of the track XD Maybe it's just suited for less bumpy ripples, unless you want to do hundreds of surfaces ^^ This will help me anyways, thanks again!

You can do it how u want ;) high, bumby, the good thing is that u can shape the kurbs how u want them also this endings

oppolo

in that turn is still difficult to go

oppolo

here there is a...step, jerking...i dont' know the right english name. the kart loose control

Josi

So so real!
I've been on this track for real as I live 100 km from there and I can say it's the same as in real life.
Aritz again and again so so good!

Aritz

I am doing some tests with the horizon and sky. In this picture, the sky is false (BTB doesn't show sky, I painted it in Photoshop)

I think I have it, though  :D

Aritz

Alpha 3:

I have done many updates but there is a lot to do and a lot to improve. Thanks for your support finding bugs :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I644YF4E

(megaupload fails often, try the link more times, it should work)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on July 04, 2011, 01:00:35 PM
Thanks for your support finding bugs :)
first of all thanks to you for your efforts, this track gives more worth to krp, this night i'll try it

dibu

Thanks for the new release, it's real fun. I like the new skid marks of ALPHA3.
In the first laps I was a bit irritated by the new hills and mountains ;).

oppolo

congrats, also in the pit line there are not bump anymore.
nothing to report, only a little bit less fps, but my pc is old

oppolo

here there is a step, tha kart loose control

Aritz

Quote from: dibu on July 04, 2011, 09:56:43 PM
Thanks for the new release, it's real fun. I like the new skid marks of ALPHA3.
In the first laps I was a bit irritated by the new hills and mountains ;).

Thanks

What did you mean with new hills and mountains? What is their problem?

I have to smooth the sides of the track, now I know how to :) But for me is the hardest part of the track creation... I don't want to use a lot of polygons and that is a problem, the grass is very bumpy and the kart gets blocked easily...

I don't know why this FPS loss, maybe the new far mountain. I can do it in BTB and no in 3dmax like alpha3.

Alpha 4 is needed, sorry for the constant updates :)