• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:05:32 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

My suggestion for shifting (SOLVED)

Started by Aritz, June 04, 2011, 04:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

June 04, 2011, 04:51:49 PM Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:00:05 PM by Aritz
I found the key and as Oppolo said, the lag was the problem.

I had tested in OFFLINE mode and it is almost perfect.

Sorry everybody  :-[

oppolo

June 04, 2011, 05:34:03 PM #1 Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:37:29 PM by oppolo
Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 04:51:49 PM
Hi all

I know that is no very fair to recommend one game in the forum of other game, but just in the case of the shifter, I will do it:

The Live For Speed has a car with almost the same gear type of the KS1, the MRT (FSA Formula). It has very similar gear box and the shifting is like the real karting.
In LFS the shifting works perfectly in my opinion, you can try it if you want. You will feel how easy is the shifting, how natural.

so, we have also 2 different lfs
with mrt5 for gear up i have to lift more than krp the throttle. in krp is enought just a very little bit, i shift up also at 13000 rpm, so it is more easy in krp

so, the only thing i could image is the clutch, i asked before if you are using some aids, do you?

Quote from: oppolo on May 28, 2011, 10:50:03 PM
Quote from: Aritz on May 28, 2011, 06:17:11 PM
When I drive slow, without high RPM, the gear works perfectly. When I start running fast and with high RPM, the problem beggins... In real world the gear can be changed when the engine torque is low or 0, no matters how high the revs are, but in KRP seems that the gear changes when the RPM is lower than X.

definitely it seems we have 2 different games. i can shiftup also at high revs. as i told before also for beta2, the main thing is that the engine must not pull, i can change also over 10000, over 12000.

i dont' know anymore what to think, these are my settings abut simulation
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z226/kirkkonummi/KRP/simulation.jpg
i use g25, paddle sx for the clutch and the sequentianl stick for gear

Aritz

clutch help? Where is it?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 05:42:53 PM
clutch help? Where is it?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ok, i ment shift help
ok, i surrender  :D

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on June 04, 2011, 05:34:03 PMi use g25, paddle sx for the clutch and the sequentianl stick for gear

Do you use clutch for shifting?

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on June 04, 2011, 05:46:24 PMok, i surrender  :D

no please... I want to play without shift help :(

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: oppolo on June 04, 2011, 05:46:24 PMok, i surrender  :D

no please... I want to play without shift help :(
ok, let's go on  :D
no, i don't use the clutch for change the gear, i use it only when the kart is stopped

i repeat again, here it works in this way, only a little bit of lift of the throttle, then pull the stick, and there is the upshift, the engine is also at 13000 rpm sometimes and "la trasmissione riceve un colpo" (google translator " the transmission receives a blow")

what steering wheel do you use?

Aritz

Logitech Driving Force GT

I will check the calibration and dead zones, maybe "a little" is not detected in my game :D

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 08:26:42 PM

I will check the calibration and dead zones, maybe "a little" is not detected in my game :D

mmm maybe...do you use the stick for change gear?

GhostriderPl

ok, let's go on  :D
no, i don't use the clutch for change the gear, i use it only when the kart is stopped

i repeat again, here it works in this way, only a little bit of lift of the throttle, then pull the stick, and there is the upshift, the engine is also at 13000 rpm sometimes and "la trasmissione riceve un colpo" (google translator " the transmission receives a blow")

what steering wheel do you use?
[/quote]

i change gear at 14500rpm because in the game at 13000rpm theres are a lot of more power.....look at the rpm's and the speed
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

GhostriderPl

sorry but i dont know how quote works  ;)
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on June 04, 2011, 08:37:57 PM
Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 08:26:42 PM

mmm maybe...do you use the stick for change gear?

I use the stick of course, this wheel has not paddles, only buttons in the back (shit lol)

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on June 04, 2011, 08:48:41 PM
I use the stick of course, this wheel has not paddles, only buttons in the back (shit lol)

in the control panel check the course of throttle pedal

Aritz

June 06, 2011, 10:17:41 AM #13 Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:21:43 AM by Aritz
Calibration chequed and ok.

KS1 shifting does'nt work for me. Please, upload your replay again, I can't found it in the forum.

You can see in this video how is correct for me. Take a look on my foot, 1/10 of a second is enough ALWAYS, and specially in 4th, 5th and 6th gear (the easyest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLKzd2xkn7Q