• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:07 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Maranello 2011

Started by backwardsbanana, June 01, 2011, 10:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbanana

June 01, 2011, 10:00:53 AM Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:01:00 PM by backwardsbanana
The Maranello 2011 Skin with the suit is released :)
The suit looks real good in my opinion, but the kart could be better. Also, the suit is almost entirely black from the back side so don't be scared, it has to be like that ( weird design by maranello this year.)
Anyways here it is ! !

Here is the download link aswell :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?736s9r25tba2o3s

Eslotes

Nice,but i like it from last year ^^ x'd
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Racehard

I can't see the picture  :-\
Would you mind to reupload it somewhere else?

Racehard

June 01, 2011, 08:40:58 PM #3 Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:42:53 PM by Racehard
Now I can see it.

Don't be silly it looks amazing!

Did you paint it "from scratch" or did you use a sticker kit?
Either way, great work.

Thank you very much in advance :)

backwardsbanana

I used a sticker kit and resized it to be correct with the skin and then I started to paint my own layer on them. It was massively hard. I haven't seen the 2011 Maranello with my own eyes either, so it was quite hard for me :(

EVO

very Nice!   suit too? gotta have the full package.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

T.J. Koyen

That's awesome looking! Well done! I hadn't seen this new kit yet so that's cool. It'd be cool if someone did their white and chrome kit...

MMMmmmmeeeeowwww  ;)
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

backwardsbanana

The white Maranello is the 2nd coolest kart I have ever seen. It's just amazing... ( the 1st is 2011 Tony Kart ofcourse -.- )

I think I will pull myself together and start with the suit today.

Racehard

Maranello really has some nice paints :)

I am not sure if it's possible to have such a chrome color ingame.

Maybe that would be something for the future wishlist, I don't know how rFactor deals with that but CTDP's F1 2006 mod McLaren has an amazing chrome paint.

And it would be also nice to be able to create a more metallic or anodized looking paint for the frame or other parts.

If you look at the pedals and the steering wheel hub which are anodized I think.
Or the frame which has a shiny metallic look.
Does anybody know if that's already possible to have similar colors ingame?

T.J. Koyen

The CRG already has that prism gradient on the nose. You just have to make it a chrome looking gradient. It wouldn't be active, as in, it wouldn't reflect what was around it, but you could make it look like chrome with gradients.

Also, I raced that race last year ;)
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

EVO

yeah that how i did it for the CRG i took a portion of the reflevtive part on the nose  from a photo and copyied to the white parts of the sticker. could have came out better.  I seen the CRG relective parts really pop in some pictures and not so much in others so i choose a middle ground. I'll do this for the Energy Corse too. I didnt even notice that thanks for poitning it out Racehard

Racehard

Originally I meant the metal parts like the frame and pedals or the steering shaft.
Not sure how/if it is possible to create such a metallic or anodized or chrome looking texture.

EVO

try cg textures.com.  You wont get the reflectivity and dyanamic change in appearance like real metal, annodized etc(like TJ noted) but its better than nothing.

backwardsbanana

EVO

great work.  Really.  i can even see the tiny details in the white parts.  And i like the shoes and gloves ;)