• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:39:22 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Strange kart behaviour in wet

Started by Steve G, January 01, 2018, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve G

Hi, having just downloaded the game I wanted to see how well the karts worked in the wet. I set the conditions to full wet and had a go. I'm not sure where it first happened but the kart flipped/crashed whilst driving on a straight section of track. I tried it again on another track in wet conditions and it did the same. I thought I must have clipped a kerb or something but after it did it a few times afterwards for no apparent reason.
Can anyone off any suggestions about what is happening and how I can fix the problem, thanks.

dibu

Quote from: Steve G on January 01, 2018, 06:41:37 PM
Hi, having just downloaded the game I wanted to see how well the karts worked in the wet. I set the conditions to full wet and had a go. I'm not sure where it first happened but the kart flipped/crashed whilst driving on a straight section of track. I tried it again on another track in wet conditions and it did the same. I thought I must have clipped a kerb or something but after it did it a few times afterwards for no apparent reason.
Can anyone off any suggestions about what is happening and how I can fix the problem, thanks.
I know this behaviour only when using slicks in full wet conditions, with rain tyres it never happened to me.
Which kart and track did you use? Setup?

Steve G

Hi.
Yes that's what I was doing, slicks in the wet.  Just to try things I has a F100 kart at Rye House and Genk.  I wanted to see just how it worked in the worst combination of conditions and have just caught it out.  The effect was probably similar to being flipped by the back of another kart.
Thanks for the reply I was beginning to wonder if there was a problem with the download or even the  PC !

It would be useful if it was possible to use slicks in the wet as it's a very likely situation to face if you get caught out in the middle of a race.

Steve G

I've had another look at this and despite using wet tyres there is still the same problem.  It seems to happen in similar areas of the track as well. Can anyone help with this as it makes the game unusable if you want to use the kart on a wet track, thanks.

Steve G

Thanks but the link won't work for me.  I thought it was the kart locking up under braking and then realised I wasn't braking.  The impression is that you have actually run over something or been run into and lifts the kart off the track surface.  I did wonder if it was some sort of reaction to deep water on the track or if it was a bump in the track surface.
I will try it again to make sure but it just seems like some invisible obstacle and it doesn't seem to make any difference what speed you are going.   

PiBoSo

The kart behaviour on the wet track is a known issue, due to a limitation of the tyre model.
The problem is under investigation and will be solved as soon as possible.