• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
September 16, 2019, 05:04:59 am

News:

Kart Racing Pro release9b available! :)


R.I.P. PiBoSo?

Started by KartLover77, October 21, 2017, 10:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KartLover77

 :o

Anyone have got some news about it??


Raise

Iracing isn't what will kill krp, or else WRS would be totally dead given its competition with so many other sims. Plus there's still no guarantee that iracing will be better, plenty of large dev teams with lots of money have taken on the concept of karting in sims. And up until Piboso not one of them even got the concept of setting a kart up correct let alone the physics. Plus this won't mean the end no matter how good iracing is given iracings cost KRP being a cheaper alternative along with its allowing modding gives it a niche but it will need to continue to develop and grow to truly remain relevant

Cory_Hayes


Birel-Rotax 42

Can't mod iRacing... And you only get one engine.

It appears that they made a DD2. As much fun as that would be, KRP has a base that is better than what iRacing will be able to do. And it's not like iRacing will add every engine brand or every kart brand. Best of luck to them, but PiBoSo is the real deal. PiBoSo has opened up KRP's code enough that modding is now a good return on investment, and if it continues this way, KRP will have mod karts with great physics.

Good for iRacing for showing up to the party, just a half decade late...

Cory_Hayes


Raise

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on October 22, 2017, 07:48:18 am
Can't mod iRacing... And you only get one engine.

It appears that they made a DD2. As much fun as that would be, KRP has a base that is better than what iRacing will be able to do. And it's not like iRacing will add every engine brand or every kart brand. Best of luck to them, but PiBoSo is the real deal. PiBoSo has opened up KRP's code enough that modding is now a good return on investment, and if it continues this way, KRP will have mod karts with great physics.

Good for iRacing for showing up to the party, just a half decade late...


I think it's a little soon to speculate on class structure and availability for kart brands there's just too much going into that. What can be said to iracings benefit they have dynamic track surface good online good graphics and they have money I personally thought we'd see a super kart before we saw a regular kart but either way I think iracing has a very good chance at doing physics well but KRP has modding which will always help keep it in the game relative to iracing

Hugo Hernandez

I dont think iRacing is going to do karts,but the channel who uploaded the video has been taken down.
Also the iRacing comunity don't like karts,several polls has been done in the forum and always said no.
Also with the Rallycross coming dont think they would be working at this 2 big project at the same time,they need to re do everything ,the physicals from a road car to a Rally car to a kart are completly different.
The time would decide, i hope.

Raise

The physics engine was already heavily modified for the Mclaren Honda F1 car and now simulates chassis flex so I'm guessing that is why they're developing karts now. Of course karts are very different but the benefit is, unlike them attempting to create Blancpain fully where they need brand new cars with individual handling characteristics and other things they can make one kart do the physics and they can just leave it with one bodywork. The fact the YouTube channel was taken down says to me they want it to stay hidden and there may have been polls for the addition of karts but they're far from a total representation of what everyone wants from the game and surely even with those poles they will find people to buy the content

PiBoSo


Shouldn't the title be "RIP Kart Racing Pro?"  :)
PiBoSo is more than KRP... The team would survive even without KRP sales, thanks to MX Bikes and GP Bikes  ;)

Quote from: Raise on October 21, 2017, 10:42:43 pm
Iracing isn't what will kill krp, or else WRS would be totally dead given its competition with so many other sims.


Sadly, the WRS community and sales are indeed pretty much dead  :'(
This doesn't mean that it has been abandoned, though.
And this is what would happen to KRP, too. Regardless of competition, it will be updated  ;)


Cory_Hayes

Its not secret that I am the worlds biggest KartKraft fan, but I don't think iRacing karting would totally destroy KRP, as previously stated the modding for KRP gives it an edge, new people that come to the forum do have a few options of other engines to run at the moment and plenty of tracks to download and I am sure modders for a price are willing to add other engines that aren't "mainstream" and users home tracks.

PiBoSo/KRP has stepped up with Release 1 and to now and I am rather impressed with its state at the moment. The only thing KRP really needs now is its community back ( and super servers to handle large numbers on karts on track at once would be sick ) and it would be great for everyone.


Raise

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 22, 2017, 03:45:48 pm

Shouldn't the title be "RIP Kart Racing Pro?"  :)
PiBoSo is more than KRP... The team would survive even without KRP sales, thanks to MX Bikes and GP Bikes  ;)

Quote from: Raise on October 21, 2017, 10:42:43 pm
Iracing isn't what will kill krp, or else WRS would be totally dead given its competition with so many other sims.


Sadly, the WRS community and sales are indeed pretty much dead  :'(
This doesn't mean that it has been abandoned, though.
And this is what would happen to KRP, too. Regardless of competition, it will be updated  ;)


Sorry to hear, that comment was made more to highlight that it is not competition that kills games it's lack of ability to compete with competitors and KRP has the ability to compete with iracing karts in terms of content and mods for less than Iracing costs. WRS is having to compete against some massive fish in the car sim sub genre of Motorsport games so it's understandable it's sales are lagging behind no offense to you.