• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 11:00:08 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Modding scope?

Started by garyjpaterson, July 17, 2017, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyjpaterson

Hi all, new here!

Heard about this a few days back and remembered that I bought this back in 2013 but I don't actually remember playing it...

Anyway, just transferred my key to a Steam one and will be downloading and driving this tonight, looking forward to it!

I make mods for Assetto Corsa, and am wondering what sort of modding capabilities are available in KRP? I notice the Steam page says "full modding is possible: advanced users can build new karts, engines... and integrate them with the provided tools".

I made this silly machine for AC, but as AC doesn't really cope well with solid axles and of course no chassis flex, it drives pretty poorly. Would it be possible for me to simulate it in this game, or must the vehicles be actual karts? What sort of scope do we have, in terms of weight distribution, CoG height etc?

Looking forward to seeing what can be done! :)

Cory_Hayes

Anything is possible really, I have put my own vintage kart into game ( never released it ).

garyjpaterson

Ah fantastic! I'll have to dig in soon and learn how it all works, looking forward to it.

HornetMaX

Most likely you should look into another PiBoSo game named World Racing Series (WRS). It should be way more appropriate for you needs.
Two wheels, more than enough.