• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:55 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

AI Racing

Started by cooweb, January 20, 2017, 12:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooweb

Have you guys (Piboso) ever thought about creating AI to race against? Is it ever going to happen? I know it means an incredible amount of work to make it right and a lot of problems to overcome but it would change the game completely. I think it'll get a lot more people engaged as well, instead of going on and having to drive around by yourself. I know there online races but some people never go on the forum and sometimes not able to race at a specific time. Also I am sure a lot of people would put their hands up for this to happen.

Others thought on this topic?

Cheers Cooper,

Cory_Hayes

This have been mentioned many times before in other threads.

Basically I don't think it was ever initially considered by PiBoSo, they have basically said no, but I think some where said " never say never " or something about it.

So for now, no, no AI I am 90% sure.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Minif1 on January 20, 2017, 12:43:54 PM
Have you guys (Piboso) ever thought about creating AI to race against? Is it ever going to happen? I know it means an incredible amount of work to make it right and a lot of problems to overcome but it would change the game completely. I think it'll get a lot more people engaged as well, instead of going on and having to drive around by yourself. I know there online races but some people never go on the forum and sometimes not able to race at a specific time. Also I am sure a lot of people would put their hands up for this to happen.

Others thought on this topic?

Cheers Cooper,

The possibility to include AI has been considered and some tests were done.
Unfortunately, it became clear that it's not even remotely possible to simulate a full field of karts, because the physics takes too much computational power.
So the only solution would be to create a dedicated, simplified physics for the AI. This option wouldn't make much sense, especially for a simulator. An additional problem is of course that AI would require even more time to be developed.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Cory_Hayes on January 20, 2017, 02:08:29 PM
Basically I don't think it was ever initially considered by PiBoSo, they have basically said no, but I think some where said " never say never " or something about it.

A "never say never" message was posted indeed. It was just before tests started.
Sadly the tests proved the AI to be unfeasible for a simulator with accurate and complex physics.
Of course this will not be a problem for a well known pretend kart simulator with arcade "physics"  :P

jon_of_mine

PiBoSo, would it be possible for several ghosts on track?

PiBoSo

Quote from: JonOfMine on January 20, 2017, 06:15:02 PM
PiBoSo, would it be possible for several ghosts on track?

It is already possible.
In the "Trainer" tab of the "Testing" page, it is possible to save the best lap and then add previously saved ghosts ( even the ones recorded driving a different kart ).

jon_of_mine

Raise

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 20, 2017, 04:58:27 PM
Quote from: Cory_Hayes on January 20, 2017, 02:08:29 PM

A "never say never" message was posted indeed. It was just before tests started.
Sadly the tests proved the AI to be unfeasible for a simulator with accurate and complex physics.
Of course this will not be a problem for a well known pretend kart simulator with arcade "physics"  :P

That's so ridiculous I get that your game and the way your physics are made the karts can't be simulated for AI but the reason kartkraft does ai is because they use a better more advanced game engine then you. And I get that you yourself can't compete game engine wise with a full blown developer like the one that made kk's engine but to act like it's poor physics that make kk Ai possible is just a silly forced jab at the game.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Raise on January 20, 2017, 10:00:54 PM
That's so ridiculous I get that your game and the way your physics are made the karts can't be simulated for AI but the reason kartkraft does ai is because they use a better more advanced game engine then you. And I get that you yourself can't compete game engine wise with a full blown developer like the one that made kk's engine but to act like it's poor physics that make kk Ai possible is just a silly forced jab at the game.

Welcome back DRKarter  ;D
It was mostly meant as a silly forced jab at our resident KK fanboy that is still here despite the fact that he constantly mocks KRP whenever is possible  :-*

P.S.
Is English your native language? Damn your writing is bad!

Raise

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 20, 2017, 11:36:51 PM

It was mostly meant as a silly forced jab at our resident KK fanboy that is still here despite the fact that he constantly mocks KRP whenever is possible  :-*

P.S.

No need to act like its a secret who runs this account anyone with any time spent on here when i was active would recognize it. I was on mobile and I hastily replied so yes there are mistakes. And he may have criticized KRP (with in reason I feel) he hasn't on here at least with in the last couple months (please link me if I'm wrong) and he also worked on the 505 and was/is doing things for WRS so why wouldn't he still be on here? Also your sense of humor was poorly conveyed as It was layered within a serious response but I suppose knowing you were joking I can see the humor in your statement.

Cory_Hayes

Wow.... what a professional response

I didn't even bring up KK and you had to draw it up this time in your own defense

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 20, 2017, 11:36:51 PM

P.S.

You weren't even this salty in our DM's when I was asking about the 505 and all? You are probably trying to make yourself feel big or something, idek.

NOTE

I still think KK is generally a better game over all, it does have features that pull it out of the sim category, but physics wise still has more feel to it than KRP.

In before I get banned for stating my own opinion that didn't have to happen because you had to bring up KK to get yourself going.

cooweb

By the way, has KartKarft come out yet I've been waiting for ages aswel as everyone else has I guess tho

Raise

Quote from: Minif1 on January 21, 2017, 04:32:16 AM
By the way, has KartKarft come out yet I've been waiting for ages aswel as everyone else has I guess tho

Google it dude this is getting off topic

tebbers14

I think its funny that street kart for IOS is coming along faster than KartKraft and KRP combined. Beta 12 was the best, just saying...