• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Moved PC to parents house, KRP no longer works.

Started by Frito, July 04, 2016, 07:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frito

Hello,

I love KRP and have received great help from friends to get started in it.  I am now very sad though that when I went to launch it yesterday to join them in practice (after setting up pc at my relatives due to moving) it crashes after the splash screen.  I have tried everything I can think of, delete documents folder, re-installs, re-download.  Nothing works.  Same thing over and over.  I saved my key and can't even type it in because KRP crashes. 

I originally had it installed on an external USB 1TB hdd.  I noticed when I plugged it in, the hdd letter changed, I had to point certain games/programs and steam library games to the correct (new hdd letter).  Every other game worked again after that except for KRP. 

I've just recently bought it and was hoping to put in practice hours upon hours.  I am so sad over this as my daughter too was looking to turn practice laps to help her in her karting in real life. :(

Please help, we would really appreciate it.  Hopefully these type of problems go away once it finally arrives on steam.  BTW, what happened there? I thought release would be June 30th. 

Edgar "Frito" Sanchinelli
Fritosport.weebly.com

Fritosport.weebly.com

Steven

Hi!

I never had a problem like this so I can only guess.

In another thread you said your graphics card was updated. Is it possible that something else was updated as well (Windows maybe)?

Installing the game to an external hard drive first sounded a bit strange to me. Also I'm used to installing games to a folder "c:\games" for example to avoid problems with Windows user rights. I don't know whether this is still useful today, but you can try if you haven't done yet.

When you said it crashes before you can even enter your license key, maybe there is a problem creating a profile. In the KRP install folder there's a file "core.ini". You can try to set "[windows] compatibility" to "0". This will create your profile in the install folder instead of "\Users\..\Documents\PiBoSo\".

In the other thread LauZzZn already mentioned to change the resolution. For a new profile you can change this in the "kart.ini". Maybe also try windowed mode ("fullscreen=0").

Sooner or later some details about your pc might help.

Frito

July 05, 2016, 05:14:40 PM #2 Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:49:00 PM by LauZzZn
Quote from: Steven on July 05, 2016, 01:09:54 PM
Hi!

I never had a problem like this so I can only guess.

In another thread you said your graphics card was updated. Is it possible that something else was updated as well (Windows maybe)?

Installing the game to an external hard drive first sounded a bit strange to me. Also I'm used to installing games to a folder "c:\games" for example to avoid problems with Windows user rights. I don't know whether this is still useful today, but you can try if you haven't done yet.

When you said it crashes before you can even enter your license key, maybe there is a problem creating a profile. In the KRP install folder there's a file "core.ini". You can try to set "[windows] compatibility" to "0". This will create your profile in the install folder instead of "\Users\..\Documents\PiBoSo\".

In the other thread LauZzZn already mentioned to change the resolution. For a new profile you can change this in the "kart.ini". Maybe also try windowed mode ("fullscreen=0").

Sooner or later some details about your pc might help.

Hi Steven,

I will check today when I get off work what all has updated.  The one thing I noticed was the Nvidia GTX760 video card updated drivers to 368.39drivers

Also, I know it sounds strange but my C:\ drive, being my main windows drive is mainly kept for just windows and I try to keep my steam and game library on an external 1TB hdd. 

I tried installing KRP to the C:\ drive to check and received the same errors.

I will go into the install folder today and look for core.ini and will set compatibility today.  I tried running in comp mode in win7, win8, xp and still same result but didn't go through the core.ini before.

Also I will see if I can change the resolution in kart.ini and try windowed mode. 

Here are my PC specs:

Windows10
GeForce GTX760
32GB ram
Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.00ghz
display driver 368.39

Please let me know if I should include anything else

Thanks to you guys for the help and guidance!

Frito Sanchinelli

Fritosport.weebly.com

Dragoon

I have almost the same specs (only a bit less memory) and same device driver version (368.39), works OK for me. You've tried to run the game as administrator?

Frito

this is so strange.  I tried to make the changes to core.ini and kart.ini and still the same issues. 

I have tried to run as administrator also. 

I am going to go through all of the steps again after another clean  install.  maybe I will re-install the display driver too.  this time installed in c:\

Fritosport.weebly.com

Frito

I have no idea what just happened.  I'm happy as can be though, KRP didn't crash after I unplugged the whole PC.  Hooked it all up and launched it and was able to input my key.

I now hope it stays that way. 

Frito

Fritosport.weebly.com