• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:48 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Incoming Rok Junior Dyno Sheet

Started by blake_hunt, August 13, 2015, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blake_hunt

Hi guys!

I know most engine modders like dyno sheets to add realism. One of the engines which has not yet been built properly is the Rok Junior. I have heard some interest from modders in building one if I could provide a dyno.

After a recent rebuild, Bordogna is sending me a dyno sheet with my engine. Which i will be willing to provide if it will be used to make a publicly available engine.

I hope someone will see this as a good opportunity to grow the amount of content in KRP.

Thanks so much

Kartsport FA - Rok/X30 Senior - Mooresville, NC

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

blake_hunt

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 14, 2015, 04:21:21 AM
Just as a side note Engine modders exclusively work of dyno sheets or else youre just guessing and at that point it is useless. More on topic I'd be interested in looking at doing the motor though it will not have a model.

If you aren't interested in the model the KF3 looks pretty much like a single color Rok, so I don't know how it works but the engine could use that model.

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

blake_hunt

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 14, 2015, 05:23:57 AM
EDFs (the model files) are encrypted so i can't access it to change anything but that being said its so close there's no real issue.

So it would still be possible to use the engine stats on that original model though?

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

blake_hunt

Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 14, 2015, 06:20:22 AM
Quote from: blake_hunt on August 14, 2015, 06:11:42 AM
Quote from: DRkarter97 on August 14, 2015, 05:23:57 AM
EDFs (the model files) are encrypted so i can't access it to change anything but that being said its so close there's no real issue.

So it would still be possible to use the engine stats on that original model though?
Yes it is simply a matter of replacing engine figures renaming files so it shows up as a ROK junior and then changing values like water temp to ensure accurate engine behavior
I get it now

PROUD KK BETA TESTER

blake_hunt

PROUD KK BETA TESTER