• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:45:46 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Offset shadows and strange elements on any view

Started by Junior83, May 12, 2011, 07:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior83

Hi,
I downloaded yesterday the game and started trying it in demo mode.
I have a really annoying problem with the graphics.
The shadows are far from their objects, and like on a different plane (as for the Kart Shadow). Also, I have strange "shadowed" shapes on my view on track.
I have those problems in any step of the game: showroom, driving, replay. You can see what I mean in these three screenshots here:
http://img848.imageshack.us/g/immaginehn.jpg/
("Ombra kart" = "Kart shadow", I'm italian).

Can you help me with that? Because I'd like to buy this sim, but only if all is working good on my pc.
I run several other simulators (ISI, SimBin, Bimley) and never had this problem.

My hardware configuration (laptop):
CPU -> Intel Centrino Duo T2300 (Dual Core 1,66GHz)
Video Card -> Ati Mobility Radeon X1400 128-512MB
Video Card Driver -> Omega drivers (Ati didn't release new drivers for this GPU since 2007, and the Omega ones are really more performing)
RAM -> 2GB

I'd like to run this, because I already have two real-life kart track projects I was doing for another sim and I think it would be perfect to switch them for this one.

Thank you.

PiBoSo

May 12, 2011, 08:37:02 PM #1 Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM by PiBoSo

This problem is due to outdated drivers. If possible, please try upgrading to the latest official drivers.
If not possible, then unfortunately at the moment there is no known workaround.

Junior83

May 12, 2011, 11:07:35 PM #2 Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:16:04 PM by Junior83
Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately there are not updated official drivers for this video card. I hope to find a valid unofficial one if so.

EDIT: neither the Ati Catalyst or the Omega drivers offer a newer version of my driver for this video card. I'm afraid I can't run this sim... :'(