• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:05:43 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

BETA 13B ONLINE BROKEN

Started by Gresham, April 18, 2015, 02:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gresham

The netcode and scoring in general for online is so broken. It's not even something that is manageable, it is an entire game breaker. The fact that the online is in the state it is in 2015 is pretty sad. "NASCAR Racing 2003" has netcode and an online experience far beyond what KRP could ever reach, at least that's how it looks. Furthermore, the online has gotten worse with the latest betas, how is it possible to move backwards in development? I really hope this get fixed, but I'm doubtful based on my previous experiences with the game. Nothing else to really say about the matter.

Taddzy

+1 TBF PIBOSO I LIKE YOU SIM BUT WITH THE QUALITY OF THE ONLINE PLAYERS ARE GONNA MOVE ON!!! THIS IS A KEY ELEMENT TO MAKING THIS GAME 90% BETTER AND I AND THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY WOULD APPRECIATE IT
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

tebbers14

Cory_Hayes

PiBoSo

Quote from: Gresham on April 18, 2015, 02:08:23 AM
The netcode and scoring in general for online is so broken. It's not even something that is manageable, it is an entire game breaker. The fact that the online is in the state it is in 2015 is pretty sad. "NASCAR Racing 2003" has netcode and an online experience far beyond what KRP could ever reach, at least that's how it looks. Furthermore, the online has gotten worse with the latest betas, how is it possible to move backwards in development? I really hope this get fixed, but I'm doubtful based on my previous experiences with the game. Nothing else to really say about the matter.

What do you mean with "scoring in general"?

Xander Clements

Scoring in terms of lag where lap times do not show up for any driver on a dedicated server where they worked before.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Xander Clements on April 18, 2015, 02:44:02 PM
Scoring in terms of lag where lap times do not show up for any driver on a dedicated server where they worked before.

Lap times are recorded late or not recorded at all?
For all drivers or only some drivers?

tebbers14

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 18, 2015, 02:54:10 PM
Quote from: Xander Clements on April 18, 2015, 02:44:02 PM

Lap times are recorded late or not recorded at all?
For all drivers or only some drivers?

They are VERY late, and we are not sure about drivers as no one was getting times. I am troubleshooting today.

PiBoSo

Thank you for the report.
The problem has been found: it is due to the new dynamic track surface code, that is generating too much data.
The fix is not easy, though. A patch will be released as soon as possible.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 19, 2015, 10:50:35 AM

Thank you for the report.
The problem has been found: it is due to the new dynamic track surface code, that is generating too much data.
The fix is not easy, though. A patch will be released as soon as possible.

Thanks for looking into it  :-*