• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:53:13 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

How Fast does a Vortex KF engine go?

Started by Myles Rowe Top Kart #6, February 15, 2015, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

I was going to do some WSK and CIK FIA next year and I was wondering how fast the engine goes?
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Taddzy

its all down to how well its driven so Myles before!!! there quick but dont run before you can walk
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Taddzy

well as far as i know kfj (kf3) now produces 30-32 hp and kf (kf2) has 36-38 hp

older gen kf engine produced 26 for kfj and 32 for kf2 and 36 for kf1
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Birel-Rotax 42

Drivers who win at the local level aren't going to be competitive on the world stage. Especially on the CIK level, you have to be extremely talented. Out of the normally 80 or so drivers who register and race the heats, 34 - 36 of them make the final. You would have to test endlessly on sub-par tracks in the United States to even dream of making the final. The United States has had very few individuals who have done well on the international level, and all of them have either won Rotax Grand Nationals, gone to Grand Finals, won SKUSA Supernationals, or a combination of all 3.
Best of luck, but it's impossible without a budget of over $60,000

jsmith94

Before you start thinking about going to Europe, try winning in the US first and win a lot. Hardly ever has a US driver gone to Europe and done good. I can only think of 3 that have done good off the top of my head. Trust me you will be out of your league if you go to cik. Get a top 5 at supernats then you can think about it

Marco Dakic

Yes you need in the us alot in europe the grip level and tracks completly different, also the cik fia level is like the rotax eurochallenge
3D Modeling :D