• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:20 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Number not visible on OTK

Started by tebbers14, January 21, 2015, 11:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tebbers14

Lately, I have noticed, with the OTK, that when the kart as at speed, the number on the rear bumper disappears. This occurs on ALL engines. It is very annoying and I though to shout it out.

+1 if you are seeing the same issue that I am seeing.

Xander Clements

Quote from: razorkart14 on January 21, 2015, 11:25:08 PM
Lately, I have noticed, with the OTK, that when the kart as at speed, the number on the rear bumper disappears. This occurs on ALL engines. It is very annoying and I though to shout it out.

+1 if you are seeing the same issue that I am seeing.

+1 although it's not solely this. I believe the issue pertains to drawing distance, as if you get right up to the rear bumper of the kart in front of you, you can see the numbers. However, once out of the extremely short distance, the numbers become invisible. From what I know on how this worked back a year and a half ago when Birel-Rotax42 first did the Rotax Junior, he had a similar issue where you had to get close to the rear of the kart to see the engine model, and if you were too far back, you couldn't see any motor at all. The fix was fairly simple and hopefully a bug fix should be easily fixable on KRP as well.

Birel-Rotax 42

jd88x89

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Tr!st@n

Same issue everywhere. Its a gane issue. +1 But i dont care about the numbers of the others and dont drive third person.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Birel-Rotax 42

Tr!st@n

I know, but as i said i dont care about the numbers of other drivers, so it is a small problem that doesnt need as much work as f.ex. the netcode.

Birel-Rotax 42

Personally, I would like to see 34 karts. Net code is fine as long as you are running on an Internet connection that is sustainable.

Tr!st@n

Yeah and do the multiplayer fix thats recommended for skwc.

Birel-Rotax 42

January 22, 2015, 08:07:49 PM #10 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:18:20 PM by Birel-Rotax 42
Hope you know I was one of the people who came up with the fix... Game is still limited to 12 viewable karts. We may switch to rFactor soon with fields over 14 karts quite frequently.

Tr!st@n

Yeah i know that Braden Eves posted the fix. I can imagine that rfactor fits better for a series with much karts.

Xander Clements

I posted the fix in a full tutorial after Birel-Rotax42 enlightened us on how it worked, to help everyone else on here. After numerous builds without care to make us see more than 12 karts and be somewhat on level with every other racing sim in existence instead of years behind, we are still at that maximum. SKWC has grown to turnouts of upwards of 20 karts at times, and it sucks having to tell drivers that they cannot race the final due to PiBoSo's inability to simply allow us to see more than those 12 karts. Technically we obviously could let everyone start, but admins wouldn't be able to see all of the wrecks and carnage and with the current multiplayer netcode having a ton of lag its also hard to have clean racing.

Long story short, the multiplayer in this game REALLY needs to be focused on more.

Tr!st@n

Sry it was you who posted the tutorial,i confused that. Sorrry. I agree with you, itsan major issue especially for leagues.

tebbers14

bump... still happens PiBoSo....